WorldRemit or XOOM – no matter which of these companies you use for your next overseas funds transfer, you will have a seamless experience. While both companies offer more cost-effective and dependable services in comparison to most banks, choosing between the two requires that you do some groundwork.
The XOOM vs. WorldRemit comparison on Trustpilot shows that customers have rated one company slightly better than the other. While the average score of Xoom on this platform is 8.7 out of 10, WorldRemit averages at 9.5 out of 10. However, there is more to selecting the company that suits you best than their Trustpilot scores.
Sign up with Xoom, WorldRemit, or both only after you check all the sections of this comparison:
- Exchange Rates
- Ease of Use
- Regular Overseas Payments
Worldwide Fund Transfer Fees
This section of the WorldRemit vs. Xoom comparison requires your particular attention because different factors can have an effect on the fees you have to pay.
- The fees this company charges depend on the chosen transfer method.
- The company informs you of all applicable fees in the deal confirmation.
- Check the WorldRemit review to get further details about the fee structure of this company.
- The payment method, destination country, and transfer amount have a bearing on the fee you have to pay.
- With some destination countries, if your transfer exceeds a predetermined amount and you pay for it using your bank account, you do not have to pay any fees.
- Making a payment using a bank account usually attracts lower fees when compared to paying via a debit or credit card.
- Find out how much your transfer will cost by using the Xoom calculator.
Ease of Use
If you are looking for website access in a foreign language, or if you want multiple transfer methods to choose from, this section of the Xoom vs. WorldRemit comparison tilts the balance in favor of one company. Both companies let you sign up online, and the process takes no more than a few minutes.
- WorldRemit provides website access in English, Spanish, and French.
- As an international customer, you can make payments via electronic bank transfers, debit cards, and credit cards.
- You can also pay for your transfer via iDeal, Interac, or POLi, depending on where you live.
- Depending on the destination country, you can choose from different transfer methods.
- Transferring funds to a bank account is possible, as is sending money to a cash pick-up location. In some countries, WorldRemit lets you top off mobile airtime and wallets.
- Access to the Xoom website comes in English, Spanish, French, Portuguese, Vietnamese, and Chinese.
- Transfer methods, depending on the destination country, include transfers to bank accounts, transfers to cash pickup centers, home delivery of transferred funds, and topping off mobile phones.
- Residents of the U.S. can use the services of Xoom to pay bills from various countries.
- The company provides apps for iOS and Android.
Regular Overseas Payments
Both companies falter in this section of the WorldRemit vs. Xoom comparison, since neither gives you the ability to schedule regular payments. If you wish to schedule transfers, you can consider using World First, Currencies Direct, TorFX, or OFX.
- Who will yield a clear winner between Xoom vs OFX Comparison?
- Learn more about Xoom Competitors and Alternatives.
- Check out which company is better, CurrencyFair or Xoom.
WorldRemit Vs Xoom Updates
- Yay! No updates!