Several people who wish to send money across borders turn online to look for XE vs. Western Union comparisons with the hope of selecting the right service provider. Finding in-depth comparisons of both international money transfer companies might be difficult, but this one addresses all the aspects you need to consider before arriving at an informed decision.
Trustpilot, an online review-based platform, gives you valuable insight into what previous customers of both companies have to say about their services. While XE Money Transfer’s average Trustpilot score is 9.2 out of 10, Western Union averages at 8.4 out of 10. Is this information enough to decide if you should use Western Union or XE?
Go through all the section of this Western Union vs. XE comparison to determine which of the two might work better for you.
- Exchange Rates
- Ease of Use
- Regular Overseas Payments
This section of the Western Union vs. XE comparison tilts in favor of the latter.
- Personal transfers carried out through XE do not attract any fees.
- Intermediary banks might charge fees in some scenarios, which remain out of XE’s control
- The fee you need to pay depends on where you live, the destination country, the transfer method, and the mode of payment.
- Transfers to bank accounts tend to attract lower fees than transfers to agent locations.
- Paying using a bank account transfer is typically the most cost effective.
- The online price estimator gives you easy means to determine the cost of your transfer.
Ease of Use
Completing your online application with Western Union or XE takes no more than a few minutes. You may use their websites or apps to transfer money with ease.
- XE provides website access in English, Spanish, Portuguese, French, Dutch, Swedish, Italian, Chinese, Japanese, and Arabic.
- Payments methods, depending on where you live, include bank account transfers, direct debit, CHAPS, FPS, BACS, and BPAY.
- You may use XE apps with devices that run on Android, iOS, BlackBerry, or Windows.
- Some of the languages in which you may use the Western Union website include English, Spanish, German, Portuguese, French, and Japanese.
- Payment methods vary depending on where you live, and include bank account transfers, cash, debit cards, and credit cards.
- Depending on where the recipient lives, you may transfer money to a bank account, an agent location, or a mobile wallet.
- You may use Western Union to send money to an inmate housed in an American correctional facility.
- Western Union provides apps for iOS and Android.
Regular Overseas Payments
Using either XE or Western Union will not serve the purpose if you wish to set up scheduled transfers because both companies do not offer this feature yet. Instead, you may consider turning to other prominent names in the field such as Currencies Direct, OFX, WorldFirst, TorFX, or HiFX.
- Learn more about XE Competitors and Alternatives.
- Which one is the best option, OFX or Western Union?
- Learn more about Western Union Competitors and Alternatives.