Given the number of international money transfer companies that have mushroomed over the last couple of decades, selecting the right one might seem like a daunting task. If you are wondering whether you should use XE or Currencies Direct and cannot make your mind up, going through this in-depth comparison of the two might be in your best interest.
Trustpilot, an online review-based website, gives you an easy way to look at where the Currencies Direct vs. XE comparison stands when it comes to opinions of the companies’ customers. On this platform, while XE averages at 9.1 out of 10, Currencies Direct does slightly better, averaging at 9.4 out of 10.
Looking beyond what customers of both companies have to say about their experiences, selecting either Currencies Direct or XE requires that you pay attention to these aspects.
- Exchange Rates
- Ease of Use
- Regular Overseas Payments
This section of the XE vs. Currencies Direct comparison requires your particular attention because you may or may not qualify for fee-free transfers.
- XE does not charge any fees for carrying out personal transfers.
- In some cases, customers have to pay fees charged by intermediary banks.
- The company carries out around 90% of all transfers for free.
- If you need to pay a fee, the company lets you know about it ahead of time.
Ease of Use
No matter whether you select Currencies Direct or XE, registering and using their online services is fairly straightforward. However, only one lets you initiate your transfer in person and over the phone. You may register with both as an individual or a business. Currencies Direct also provides services for online sellers.
- You may use the XE website in different languages.
- Depending on your country of residence, you may pay via a bank account transfer, a direct debit, BPAY, CHAPS, BACS, or FPS.
- Website access comes in various languages.
- The company accepts payments via bank account transfers and debit cards.
- You may initiate your transfer online, over the phone, or in person.
Regular Overseas Payments
This section of the XE vs. Currencies Direct comparison tilts the balance in favor of the latter. While XE does not provide scheduled transfers yet, Currencies Direct lets you set up regular payments easily.
- Why TransferWise is Better? TransferWise Vs XE
- Learn more about XE Competitors and Alternatives.
- Is CurrencyFair similar to TransferWise?