The international remittance industry has seen a number of new entrants in the last two decades, although not all have lived up to expectations. If you are thinking about using WorldRemit or Remitly for your next overseas money transfer, you have no real reason to worry about because both companies offer dependable services. However, is one better than the other?
Taking the Remitly vs. WorldRemit comparison to Trustpilot gives you an easy way to find out how customers of these companies feel about them. While Remitly averages at 8.8 out of 10, WorldRemit does even better, at 9.5 out of 10. Given that both companies fare well in this aspect, a further comparison is in order.
In deciding whether you should use Remitly or WorldRemit, the following aspects require your consideration:
- Exchange Rates
- Ease of Use
- Regular Overseas Payments
Both companies follow varied fee structures, so this aspect of the Remitly vs. WorldRemit comparison requires your particular attention.
- The transfer method you choose has a bearing on the fees you need to pay.
- Transfers to bank accounts are usually more cost-effective than transfers to cash pickup centers.
- You find out about the fees you need to pay in advance.
- The WorldRemit review provides additional information.
- The amount you transfer and the destination country affect the fees you need to pay.
- “Express” transfers cost more than “Economy” transfers.
- “Economy” transfers to some countries are fee-free.
- You need to pay additional fees when making credit card payments.
Ease of Use
The language you want website access in may have a bearing on whether you should use Remitly or WorldRemit. Registering with both companies is straightforward and both verify your credentials before activating your account.
- You may use the WorldRemit website in English, Spanish, and French.
- Acceptable payment methods include bank transfers, debit cards, credit cards, iDEAL, Interac, and POLi.
- You may transfer funds to a bank account or a cash pickup location.
- Topping off mobile wallets and airtime is possible in some countries.
- Remitly provides website access in English, Spanish, French, and Vietnamese.
- You may pay using a bank transfer, a debit card, or a credit card.
- You may transfer money to cash pickup locations in the Philippines and in some Central and South American countries.
- The company provides apps for devices that run on iOS and Android.
Regular Overseas Payments
Both companies falter in this section of the Remitly vs. WorldRemit comparison because neither offers this functionality yet. If you want to schedule transfers, consider turning to alternatives such as OFX, WorldFirst, HiFX, Currencies Direct, or TorFX.
- Which is better WorldRemit or Paypal. Check it out.
- Learn more about WorldRemit competition and alternatives.
- Learn more by reading WorldRemit Vs TorFX comparison