- User Rating
- Transfer Type
- Regular Payments
- Mobile App
- Min Transfer Amount
XE (Formerly HiFX USA)
- Fee Free Transfer over $9,000
- 1 - 2 Days
Widespread use of the Internet has led to the mushrooming of various fund transfer companies, making this a realm that banks no longer dominate. Whether you choose WorldRemit or HiFX, you can take heart in knowing you are dealing with a company you can trust. However, can one work better for you than the other?
Looking at what customers of both companies have to say is a good idea. What do you learn by taking this HiFX vs. WorldRemit comparison to Trustpilot? Both companies get the same average score of 9.5 out of 10, providing high levels of overall customer satisfaction.
Choosing HiFX or WorldRemit becomes easy once you understand the intricacies of how these companies operate. This comparison is broken down into multiple sections to highlight key similarities and differences:
- Exchange Rates
- Ease of Use
- Regular Overseas Payments
Fund Transfer Fees
When compared to most banks, using either WorldRemit or HiFX can lead to savings in fees. Different fee structures that both companies follow warrant your attention.
- The transfer method you choose can have a bearing on the fees you have to pay.
- Transferring funds to a bank account usually costs less than sending money to a cash pick-up center.
- You find out about the fee you have to pay in advance.
- The WorldRemit review provides additional details about the fee structure this company follows.
- HiFX has different fee-free thresholds for all the websites it operates.
- The U.S.-based website provides free transfers for amounts over USD $5,000. If your transfer does not meet this requirement, you have to pay a USD $5 fee.
The UK-based website charges £9 as fees for transfers below £3,000.
- HiFX UK have removed all fees! Enjoy fee free transfers and even better savings with HiFX UK.
- With the Australia-based website, transferring less than AUD $10,000 attracts AUD $10 as fees.
- If you use the website for the New Zealand market, you have to pay a NZD $12 fee when transferring any amount below NZD $10,000.
Ease of Use
For people who require website access in foreign languages, this HiFX vs. WorldRemit comparison favors the latter. You can sign-up with both companies online, in minutes. Then, you have to wait until the verification of your details is complete.
- In addition to English, you can access the WorldRemit website in French and Spanish.
- From international customers, the company accepts payments via debit cards, credit cards, and electronic bank transfers.
- Depending on your location, you can also pay via Interac, iDeal, or POLi.
- Transfer methods can vary according to the destination country.
- You can transfer funds to bank accounts and cash pick-up centers, as well as top off mobile wallets and airtime.
- You can sign-up with HiFX as an individual or a business.
- You can use the company’s dedicated websites for the U.S., the UK, Australia, or New Zealand.
- The company provides access to all its websites only in English.
- Available payment methods include electronic fund transfers, debit cards, and credit cards.
Regular Overseas Payments
This section of the WorldRemit vs. HiFX comparison tilts the scale in favor of one company. While scheduling future payments is easy if you use HiFX, WorldRemit has yet to start offering this functionality.
- Learn more with this HiFX Review.
- Learn more about the offers from HiFX.
- Read a detailed HiFX review for USA, UK, Australia and New Zealand
- Transferwise or HiFX… Which one would you choose?