If you wish to transfer funds to a foreign country and want to get better exchange rates than those from your bank, you can turn to either WorldRemit or Currencies Direct. Both companies engage exclusively in the international repatriation of funds, making them better alternatives than most multi-functioning banks.
Most experts in this field believe that both companies offer good value coupled with high levels of customer service. A Currencies Direct vs. WorldRemit comparison on Trustpilot shows that customers of both are largely satisfied with the services they receive. Scores of both companies average over 9 out of 10.
Picking Currencies Direct or WorldRemit requires that you identify your individual needs first. This comparison is divided into categories so you can make your decision easily:
- Exchange Rates
- Ease of Use
- Regular Overseas Payments
Overseas Money Transfer Fees
Regardless of whether you transfer funds through Currencies Direct or WorldRemit, there is a good chance you will save money in fees compared to what your bank charges.
- Fees that WorldRemit charges depend on the destination country and transfer method.
- By using the WorldRemit calculator, you get a clear indication of the fees you will be assessed.
- The WorldRemit review provides more information.
- About 90% of all the fund transfers Currencies Direct processes do not attract any fees.
- If Currencies Direct charges you a fee for any service, it informs you ahead of time.
- Check Currencies Direct FAQs for added information.
Ease of Use
To register with either WorldRemit or Currencies Direct, you have to submit an online application. You can start transferring funds only after the verification of your details is complete. When it comes to website access in foreign languages, this comparison favors Currencies Direct owing to enhanced number of choices.
- Other than English, WorldRemit provides website access in French and Spanish.
- Acceptable payment methods include electronic bank transfers, debit cards, and credit cards.
- Depending on where you live, you can also pay via SOFORT, POLi, iDeal, and Interac.
- Recipients can receive transferred funds in multiple ways.
- Transfer methods, depending on the destination country, include deposits to bank accounts, transfers to cash pickup locations, topping off mobile wallets and airtime, as well as home delivery of cash.
- WorldRemit provides apps for devices that run on Android and iOS.
Regular Overseas Payments
Again, this category favors the Currencies Direct. While Currencies Direct lets you set up regularly scheduled transfers with ease, WorldRemit does not yet provide this functionality.
- Learn more from Currencies Direct Review.
- Get a more in depth feel for CurrencyFair features.
- Is CurrencyFair’s competition up to the task?