Travelex vs. World First – how do these companies fare when compared head-to-head? Answering this question requires that you pay attention to different factors. If you compare the services of these companies with most banks, you will know why using banks is not in your best interest.
Turning online to find out where the World First vs. Travelex comparison stands with real customers is a good idea. While World First gets an average score of 9.1 out of 10 on Feefo, Travelex UK averages at 8.7 out of 10 on Trustpilot. Bear in mind these scores do not always indicate which company you should use.
Pick World First or Travelex only after you understand the functioning of these companies in detail. The categories this comparison is divided into should help make the task easier:
- Exchange Rates
- Ease of Use
- Regular Overseas Payments
Fund Transfer Fees
Different factors can have a bearing on the fees you have to pay whether you use World First or Travelex.
- The UK-based World First website has a minimum transfer limit of £1,000 and there are no fees.
- If you use the U.S.-based website, a USD $10 fee applies for transfers below USD $10,000. You do not have to pay any fees when you transfer more than this amount.
- Using the website meant for the Hong Kong market does not attract any fees. However, a minimum transfer limit of HK $100,000 applies.
- You can view the most up-to-date fee structures of different World First websites by visiting WorldFirst.com/us/, WorldFirst.com/uk/, WorldFirst.com/en-fr/, WorldFirst.com/au/, WorldFirst.com/en-sg/, WorldFirst.com/en-hk/, WorldFirst.com/en-cn/, and WorldFirst.com/en-jp/.
- Depending on the destination country and the amount you wish to transfer, you might qualify for a free transfer.
- If you have to pay a fee, it is a nominal amount, which you find out about before finalizing your transfer.
Ease of Use
Registering as a new customer with both companies is easy – you can start the process online. Once the company you register with verifies your credentials, you can start transferring funds overseas. When it comes to website access in foreign languages, this Travelex vs. World First comparison favors the former.
- You can apply for a World First account over the phone.
- Depending on where you reside, you can access the World First website in English, French, Dutch, Chinese, or Japanese.
- You can pay for your transfer through debit cards, credit cards, electronic bank transfers, CHAPS, and BACS.
- World First provides apps for devices that run on Android and iOS.
- Travelex operates dedicated websites for countries such as the U.S., the UK, Germany, France, Australia, New Zealand, China, Japan, Brazil, and South Africa.
- Access to most Travelex websites is available in local languages. Some examples include German, French, Italian, Belgian, Dutch, Chinese, Japanese, and Brazilian.
- As a Travelex customer, you can get in touch with a foreign exchange dealer at any time, on any working day.
Regular Overseas Payments
You can turn to World First or Travelex to set up routine overseas payments. World First lets you fix rates for your scheduled transfers in advance.
- Get more details on how to activate and redeem your World First free transfer promotion.
- Who are the best alternatives to World First near you?
- Find out more info on World First Review.
- Which is better – UKForex or World First? Find out yourself.
World First Vs Travelex Updates
- Yay! No updates!