WorldFirst or HiFX – does one company deserve your attention over the other? The answer to this is not simple, and can depend on multiple factors. Just remember that both companies are considerably better alternatives when compared to the big banks.
The HiFX vs. WorldFirst comparison, when taken online, shows that both companies provide high levels of customer satisfaction. While WorldFirst gets an average score of 9.2 out of 10 on Feefo, HiFX averages at 9.5 out of 10 on Trustpilot.
The different sections of this comparison bring to light similarities and differences in these companies. Once you understand these variations, you can select HiFX or WorldFirst according to your needs:
- Exchange Rates
- Ease of Use
- Regular Overseas Payments
Fund Transfer Fees
Both companies operate dedicated websites for multiple countries. Depending on the website you use, you might have to deal with fee-free thresholds or minimum transfer limits. This section of the HiFX vs. WorldFirst comparison requires your particular attention because the thresholds vary, as do the fees you need to pay.
- The table below shows you the transparent pricing band that applies over existing interbank rates.
- Businesses and online sellers end up paying nominal fees.
- Sending limits vary depending on your country of residence.
- Check the company’s up-to-date fee structures by visiting WorldFirst.com/uk/, WorldFirst.com/en-fr/, WorldFirst.com/au/, WorldFirst.com/en-cn/, WorldFirst.com/en-jp/, WorldFirst.com/en-hk/, or WorldFirst.com/en-sg/.
- Using the U.S.-based website to transfer less than USD $5,000 requires that you pay a USD $5 fee.
With the UK-based website, you have to pay a £9 fee when transferring any amount below £3,000.
- All fees are removed on HiFX UK money transfers.
- If you use the Australian website to transfer less than AUD $10,000, the company charges AUD $10 as fees.
- The New Zealand-based website charges NZD $12 as fees for transfers below NZD $10,000.
WorldFirst Money Transfer Fees Table
|Annual Transfer Amount||£0-£500k / AUD$0-$750K||£500k-£5M / AUD$750k – $7.5M>||£5M+ / AUD$7.5M|
|Real Exchange Rate Plus Fee||0.50%||0.25%||0.15%|
Ease of Use
If you want website access in a foreign language, selecting HiFX or WorldFirst can be easy. Both companies let you register online.
- WorldFirst lets you initiate the registration process over the phone.
- The company provides services for individuals, businesses, and online sellers.
- Depending on the WorldFirst website you use, access is offered in English, French, Chinese, or Japanese.
- Available payment methods depend on where you reside. The options comprise of electronic bank transfers, debit cards, credit cards, CHAPS, and BACS.
- You can use WorldFirst apps for iOS and Android to simplify how you transfer funds when on-the-move.
- HiFX provides services for individuals and businesses.
- The company operates dedicated websites for the U.S., the UK, Australi, and New Zealand.
- Access to all HiFX websites is available only in English.
- You can pay for your transfer using a debit card, a credit card, or an electronic bank transfer.
- By linking your World Account with Xero, you may use matching currency accounts to reconcile payments and avoid currency conversion fees.
Regular Overseas Payments
Setting up scheduled transfers is easy with both companies. Keep in mind, that is not always the case with competitors.
- Get more details on how to activate and redeem your WorldFirst free transfer promotion.
- Learn more with this HiFX Review.
- Who are the best alternatives to WorldFirst near you?
- I live in the USA.. Can I use HiFX.com in USA?
- Learn more about the HiFX offers available to you at the HiFX Voucher post.