Azimo or World First – the questions surrounding which of these companies is better continue to make the rounds. If these questions trouble you as well, going through this detailed comparison will go a long way toward providing the answers. In the end, no matter which of these companies you choose, you will be better off than turning to the big banks.
If you take the World First vs. Azimo comparison to Trustpilot, you will see that customers of both companies have rated them well. While Azimo scores 9.0 out of 10, World First does slightly better, at 9.1.
Whether you should use the services of World First or Azimo depends on different factors. I have divided this comparison into multiple sections to simplify the decision-making process:
- Exchange Rates
- Ease of Use
- Regular Overseas Payments
Overseas money Transfer Fees
Whether you use the services of Azimo or World First, the fees you pay for your transfer depend upon multiple factors.
- The transfer method and the destination country can have a bearing on the total fees payable. For example, an electronic bank transfer is typically less expensive than a SWIFT transfer.
- You find out about the fees Azimo charges before the transfer.
- World First users enjoy No Fees for their personal, business, or Online Seller service offerings.
- Starting November 2017, all fees were removed.
Ease of Use
Whether you sign up with World First or Azimo, the online application process takes only a few minutes. Expect both companies to verify the details you provide before activating your account.
- The company lets you use your Facebook account to register.
- You can access the Azimo website in English, Dutch, French, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Spanish, and Turkish.
- Transferring funds to cash pickup centers is an option with some countries.
- You can top off mobile phone number accounts for some countries.
- Accepted modes of payment include electronic bank transfers, debit cards, and credit cards.
- German and Austrian customers can make payments via Sofort Überweisung.
- If you live in Spain or Italy, you can make payments via Trustly.
- The company accepts payments via iDEAL from residents of Netherlands.
- To transfer funds on the move, you can use Azimo apps for iOS and Android.
- You open an account by speaking to a World First representative over the phone.
- World First accept payments via electronic bank transfers, debit cards, credit cards, CHAPS, and BACS.
- World First provides apps for iOS and Android.
Regular Overseas Payments
If you want to set up regular transfers, Azimo is not the answer. World First lets you carry out regular overseas transfers easily.
- Looking for an alternative to World First?
- Catch up on the World First awesome services and feature offerings
- Considering TransferWise or World First? Find out more with this feature comparison.