If you plan to use TransferWise or Ria for your next overseas fund transfer, paying attention to more than the financial aspect is crucial. If you compare fund transfer services offered by most banks with these companies, you will find out why an increasing number of people are turning away from banks. However, how do these companies fare against each other?
The Ria vs. TransferWise comparison on Trustpilot shows how customers feel about these prominent companies. Ria reviews range from extremely positive to not-so-favorable, and the company gets an average score of 7.3 out of 10. Most TransferWise customers have good things to say about the company, giving it a noticeably better average score of 9.6 out of 10.
Check the different sections of this TransferWise vs. Ria comparison to decide which company will work better for you:
- Exchange Rates
- Ease of Use
- Regular Overseas Payments
Fund Transfer Fees
If you compare the fees charged by TransferWise or Ria with how much your transfer will cost through most banks, you will likely notice added savings.
- The payment method and the destination country have an effect on the fees Ria charges.
- The most cost-effective way to pay for your transfer is via an electronic bank transfer.
- Debit card payments are more expensive, and credit card payments attract the highest fees.
- The Ria price calculator lets you find out how much you have to pay as fees in advance.
Ease of Use
If you are looking for website access in a foreign language, this Ria vs. TransferWise comparison favors one company over the other. To apply as a new customer with both companies, you have to complete a basic online application. The verification of your details follows soon afterward.
- TransferWise simplifies the registration process by letting you use your Google or Facebook account.
- Other than English, you can access the TransferWise website in Dutch, French, Italian, Portuguese, and Spanish.
- The company accepts payments via debit cards, credit cards, and electronic fund transfers.
- You can use TransferWise apps with devices that run on iOS and Android.
- Ria provides website access in English and Spanish.
- You can initiate your transfer online or through a physical location.
- Ria provides different transfer methods that vary according to the destination country. Your options include bank account transfers, transfers to cash pick-up centers, and home delivery of transferred funds.
- Ria has a maximum per transfer, per day limit of $2999.99. You cannot transfer more than $7,999.00 over a 30-day period.
Regular Overseas Payments
Both companies fall short in this section of the TransferWise vs. Ria comparison, since neither offers this functionality yet. To set up regularly-scheduled transfers, you can turn to other popular fund transfer companies such as CurrencyFair, Currencies Direct, OFX, or HiFX.
- Read a comprehensive review of TransferWise in the TransferWise Review. YouTube TransferWise Explainer video included!
- Read more with the TransferWise Review
- Learn how to apply the TransferWise Coupon.
- Compare TransferWise and OFX side by side.
TransferWise Vs Ria Updates
- Yay! No updates!