TransferWise or Currencies Direct – is one of these companies better than the other? There is no denying that both specialist money transfer companies provide better exchange rates than banks. However, when deciding between the two, paying attention to individual requirements is crucial.
Both websites provide users access in languages other than English. You can use the TransferWise website in English, German, Spanish, French, Italian, Hungarian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian and Japanese. Access to the Currencies Direct website is offered in French, Italian, Portuguese, Norwegian, Spanish, Swedish, and Chinese.
This Currencies Direct vs. TransferWise comparison is put together with the aim of giving you an easy means to choose between the two. It highlights similarities and differences across these parameters:
- Exchange Rates
- Ease of Use
- Regular Overseas Payments
International Money Transfer Fees
Both TransferWise and Currencies Direct soar beyond banks in this aspect. The company that works better for you depends on factors such as where you live, the destination country, and the amount you want to transfer.
- You end up paying a nominal percentage of the transfer amount as fees. It can vary depending on the destination country.
- The TransferWise fee breakdown table gives you a clear picture of the cost of your transfer.
- There are no hidden fees.
- Around 90% of international fund transfers through Currencies Direct do not generate fees.
- If the company charges you for a service, it informs you upfront.
- The FAQs section on the Currencies Direct website provides more information.
Ease of Use
Whether you want to sign up with TransferWise or Currencies Direct, the process is simple, and registration is free. Access to both websites comes in multiple languages and both provide free rate alerts.
- TransferWise simplifies the registration process by letting you use your Google or Facebook account.
- A simple five-step-wizard takes you through the entire transfer process.
- TransferWise accepts payments via bank transfers, debit cards, and credit cards.
- The Borderless account gives you access to bank account details in EUR, GBP, USD, PLN, AUD, and NZD.
- With the Borderless account, you get to set up direct debits in EUR and GBP.
- You may apply for the TransferWise Mastercard as a personal customer from the UK, Switzerland, anywhere in the EEA (except Greece), the U.S., Australia, New Zealand, or Singapore.
- It provides apps for use with devices that run on iOS and Android.
Regular Overseas Payments
While TransferWise does not yet let you carry out scheduled transfers, Currencies Direct does.
- When CurrencyFair and TransferWise go head to head.. who wins?
- Find out if you may benefit by opening a TransferWise Borderless Account.
- Read about TransferWise features and their pro’s and con’s.