Tipalti, a U.S.-based accounting software FinTech company, was founded in 2010 and launched its services in 2012. It provides international remittance and account payable services to businesses that need to pay their suppliers. Translated from Hebrew, Tipalti means “I took care of it.” While this company offers reliable services to businesses, it has stiff competition to live up to. If you’re looking for a Tipalti competitor, going through this page is in your best interest.
Before you select a Tipalti alternative, it is important that you take your requirements into account. The table below gives you a brief indication of what you may expect from the others in this field.
- Look for companies that offer your desired payment method.
- Look for minimum transfer requirements.
- Compare the cost of your transfer.
- Choose a company.
Tipalti Competitors Comparison Table
- User Rating
- Transfer Type
- Regular Payments
- Mobile App
- Min Transfer Amount
- Real Exchange Rate Used
0.15% - 0.5%
- 1 - 3 Days
- £1000 / €1000 / AUD$2000
- Two Transfers Fee Free
- 1 - 3 Days
- $250 / £100 / €250
US-based Payoneer began operations in 2005. It provides ecommerce payments and online fund transfer solutions to small and medium businesses. Payoneer users may receive funds from international clients and they may withdraw their money into a bank account or access it using a prepaid MasterCard. This Tipalti alternative accepts payments via international wire transfers, local bank transfers, and Automated Clearing House (ACH) transfers. With a Payoneer account, you get virtual bank account details from the U.S., the UK, the European Union, and Japan. This gives you a quick and cost-effective way to receive funds in matching currencies.
- Transact in more than 150 currencies
- Make payments using different methods
- Provides overseas bank details for small and mid-sized businesses
- Access transferred funds through your bank account, an e-wallet, or a prepaid Mastercard
- Multilingual website
- U.S.-based, with offices in the UK, the Philippines, and Japan
- Only business clients may use its services to send money
- Prepaid Mastercard comes with an annual fee
Skrill is a UK-based e-commerce company that facilitates online payments and money transfers. It began operations in 2001, as MoneyBookers. This alternative to Tipalti lets you pay for your transfer in 40 currencies. It offers a debit MasterCard that its customers may use to access transferred funds. You may also choose to withdraw transferred funds directly into your bank account. Skrill makes the debit MasterCard available in U.S. dollars, British pounds, euros, and Polish zloty.
- Serves businesses and individuals
- UK-based, with offices also in the U.S., Sweden, and Austria
- You may transfer funds to mobile wallets or other Skrill accounts
- No fees when you transfer funds to merchants
- Schedule transfers easily
- Get the debit Mastercard in U.S. dollars, British pounds, euros, or Polish zloty
- Hold funds in up to 40 currencies when using the Skrill wallet
- You cannot transfer funds directly to bank accounts – the recipient will need to withdraw funds into a local bank account
- Transfers to individual customers come with 1.90% fees, with a maximum of $20
- If the payment you receive does not match a currency in your account, conversion fees will apply
- Does not provide forward contracts or market orders
Headquartered in the Isle of Man, this Tipalti competitor has been around since 1996. Merchants may use Paysafe to provide their customers with multiple payment methods. You can use its services to accept payments via your website, you may process payments using your mobile phone, you have the option of linking it to your point-of-sale network, and you may also process orders via email or over the phone.
- This company owns and operates NETELLER, Skrill, PAYOLUTION, Fans Entertainment, and paysafecard
- Headquartered in the Isle of Man, with offices also in the UK, the U.S., Canada, Austria, Bulgaria, and India
- Multilingual website
- Provides tools to accept payments from the world over
- Offers consumer currency cards, customized mobile payment solutions, and employee payroll cards
- Merchants from the D-A-CH (Germany-Austria-Switzerland) region may benefit through Pay Later Solutions
- Buy the paysafecard from anywhere and use it to make payments over the Internet
- NETELLER offers fund transfer services to individuals
- As a VIP member, you’ll pay as little as 1% in fees
- NETELLER supports transfers only to other NETELLER accounts – recipients have to withdraw funds to local bank accounts on their own
- Payment and withdrawal methods affect cost of transfers
- Does not provide scheduled transfers, forward contracts, or market orders
Australia-based OFX began operations in 1998, as OzForex, an information-only website. Online merchants may open local collection accounts in U.S. dollars, British pounds, euros, Australian dollars, Hong Kong dollars, and Canadian dollars. You’ll pay no outgoing fees when you withdraw funds into a local bank account.
- Serves businesses, online sellers, and individuals
- Online sellers can open local currency accounts in U.S. dollars, British pounds, euros, Australian dollars, Hong Kong dollars, and Canadian dollars
- Online sellers get the ability to automate delivery of funds
- Online sellers get to transfer funds without paying fees
- Australia-based, with offices also in the U.S., the UK, Hong Kong, and New Zealand
- Local phone support provided in different countries
- Personal transfers come with fee-free thresholds
- Transfer funds online or over the phone
- Choose from scheduled transfers, forward contracts, and market orders
- Website access only in English
- You need to speak with an OFX representative over the phone to trade in some currencies
This UK-based alternative to Tipalti began operations in 2005. It provides online merchants with receiving accounts in U.S. dollars, British pounds, euros, and Japanese yen. FC Exchange gives all its registered customers access to dedicated brokers.
- Serves businesses and individuals
- Headquartered in the UK, with offices also in Cyprus and South Africa
- Dedicated website for online sellers from China, access to which comes in English and Chinese
- Provides access to dedicated currency brokers
- Initiate transfers online or over the phone
- May accept transfer instructions via fax or email in some scenarios
- Lets you choose from scheduled transfers, forward contracts, and market orders
- Access to the global website comes only in English
- Cost of transfers depend on the destination country and the payment method
Banks have fallen behind in the race when it comes to handling international payments and overseas repatriation of funds. There’s little chance of finding a bank that is better than Tipalti, not only because of high fees and unfavorable exchange rates, but also because of slow processing times. If you need to deal in sending and receiving money across borders, limiting your search to specialist fund transfer companies is the way to go.
- Is CurrencyFair’s competition up to the task?
- Is there anyone better than Currencies Direct?
- Who is similar to OFX.com