Available: EU Account Fees:
Simple - £0 (£4.95 for card delivery),
Classic - £4.95,
Premium - £14.95
Account Types: Personal & Business Trust Pilot Score: 8.8/10 GooglePay and ApplePay capable In-app Spending Visualisation Cash deposit options available Real time spending alerts
- COUPON: £/€15
USE INVITE CODE: ICOMPARE
Use invite code during in-app sign up
Awarded after 1st use of debit card
Available: UK / EU / Australia Account Fees:
Standard - £0,
Premium - £6.99,
Metal - £12.99
Account Types: Personal & Business Trust Pilot Score: 8.9/10 1% cashback using the Metal Card Virtual dedit cards available Travel optimised phuscial debit card First 3 month business account fee free with coupon. Click below.
- COUPON: 3 Months Free!
Click Redeem Offer Button
Revolut and Monese are UK-based digital banks that provide services for individuals and businesses. While some of their offerings are similar – both provide current accounts and a choice of cards – there are differences that need your attention as well.
Turning to Trustpilot, an online review-based platform, gives you easy means to check where the Monese vs. Revolut comparison stands with respect to their previous customers. While the average Trustpilot score of Revolut is 8.1 out of 10, Monese scores better, averaging at 9.1 out of 10.
Digital Banking Comparison
If your requirement limits to getting an online current account, the aspects you need to consider include:
- Multi-Currency Bank Accounts
- Debit/Travel Cards
This section of the Revolut vs. Monese comparison rates both companies well.
- Revolut lets its customers choose from Standard, Premium, and Metal cards
- Provides standard and express delivery of your card
- Lets you freeze and unfreeze your card easily
- Gives you access to exclusive perks across categories
- Choose from Simple, Classic, and Premium cards
- Only standard delivery of cards
- Freezing and unfreezing your card is simple
Both digital banks rate well in this section of the Revolut vs. Monese comparison.
- No minimum balance requirement
- Stand to earn 1% cashback when you use the Metal card to make payments
- Use with Google Pay or Apple Pay
- Allows direct debits in GBP and EUR
- Provides a bill splitting functionality
- No need to maintain a minimum balance
- Earn Avios points through participating retailers
- Use with Google Pay or Apple Pay
- Setting up direct debits is easy
- Lets you make cash deposits
|Types of customers||Personal & Business||Personal & Business|
|Supported Countries||UK; EU; AUS||All countries in European Economic Area (EEA)|
|Multi-Currency Accounts||GBP, EUR – (Not supported in Australia)||GBP, EUR|
|Top Up / Adding Funds||Bank transfer, debit card, credit card, Apple Pay, Google Pay, other Revolut users (depending on where you live)||Bank transfer, debit card, cash (through PayPoint and Post Offices in the UK)|
|Credit / Debit Card Delivery Speed||Standard: Up to 9 business days Express: Up to 3 business days (UK, US, Australia, or Canada) Up to 4 business days (all other countries)||Up to 5 business days in the UK Up to 14 days internationally|
|Virtual Debit Card||Yes||No|
|Cashback||Metal: 1% cashback on card payments||Avios points through participating retailers|
|ATM Fees||Standard: Fee-free withdrawals up to £200 / A$350 per month Premium: Fee-free withdrawals up to £400 / A$700 per month Metal: Fee-free withdrawals up to £600 / A$1,050 per month |
2% above threshold. Real exchange rates used.
|Simple: £200 free monthly; 2% fee after|
Classic: £800 free monthly; 2% fee after
|Foreign Transaction Fees||Standard: Fee-free up to £5,000 / A$9,000 per month; then a 0.5% fee applies.|
Premium: Free unlimited FX at interbank rates
Metal: Free unlimited FX at interbank rates
|Simple: Fee-free up to £2,000 per month.|
Classic: Fee-free up to £8,000 per month.
Uses interbank rates. A 2% fee applies when you cross the threshold.
|Apple Pay & Google Pay||Both||Both|
|Minimum balance requirement||Nil||Nil|
|Direct debits||Yes (GBP and EUR)||Yes|
|International money transfers||Yes||Yes|
|Spending Visualization||Budgeting with Analytics||Budgeting, Spending Overview|
|Options to deposit cash||No||Yes (through PayPoint and Post Offices in the UK)|
Overseas Money Transfer Comparison
Side By Side
|Low transfers fees and transparent rates||Transparent plan-based transfer fees and interbank rates|
|No monthly fees for Standard account; Premium and Metal accounts come with monthly fees||No monthly fees for Simple account; Classic and Premium accounts attract monthly fees|
|Offices in the UK, the U.S., Germany, France, Russia, Poland, Canada, Australia, Singapore, and other countries||No offices outside of the UK|
|Supports transfers to 32 countries (services available to residents of the UK, the Eurozone, and Australia)||Supports transfers to all Eurozone and SEPA countries, as well as the U.S., Australia, Mexico, Brazil, and Turkey (serves all countries in the European Economic Area (EEA))|
|Hold funds in up to 29 currencies||Holds funds in GBP and EUR|
|Register as an individual or a business||Sign up as an individual or a business|
|Provides spot transfers and recurring payments||Provides spot transfers and recurring payments|
You may select either Revolut or Monese and look forward to sending money on the go, at practically any time. However, does one provide better services than the other? This depends on your individual requirements. The aspects that need your attention include:
- Exchange Rates
- Ease of Use
- Regular Overseas Payments
One company rates better than the other in this section of the Monese vs. Revolut comparison because of its fee-free limits.
- You may transfer up to £5,000/€5,000 every month without paying any transfer fees.
- A 0.5% fair usage fee applies on transfers that exceed the free monthly limit.
- You get unlimited free transfers as a Premium or Metal member.
- Standard membership comes with no monthly fee.
- You need to pay a monthly fee of €7.99 for Premium membership, and €13.99 for Metal membership.
- If you initiate a turbo transfer as a standard customer, you end up paying additional fees.
- The company makes its complete fee structure available online.
- Monese charges a fee of 0.5% to 0.75% of the transfer amount.
- The minimum you will need to pay as fees is £2.
- Starter members pay no monthly fees.
- Plus members need to pay £4.95 per month.
- Premium membership comes at a monthly cost of £14.95.
- You may get further details about the company’s pricing policy online.
Ease of Use
Using overseas money transfer services of Revolut or Monese is fairly simple. However, both require that you initiate transfers through their apps.
- Revolut provides a multilingual app.
- It accepts payments via bank account transfers, debit cards, credit cards, Apple Pay, and Google Pay.
- Turbo transfers come with quicker turnaround times.
- Customers get free receiving accounts in GBP and EUR.
- You get the ability to hold funds in as many as 25 currencies.
- You may use the Revolut Premium card to access funds in your account globally.
- The Metal card gives you access to your money in over 150 currencies.
- Using the Revolut vault might result in long-term savings.
- The company lets you trade in and hold various cryptocurrencies such as Ethereum, Litecoin, XRP, Bitcoin, and Bitcoin Cash.
- The company accepts payments via bank account transfers and cash.
- You may use the Monese card globally, for in-store purchases, cash transfers, and ATM withdrawals.
- You may use your Monese current account to set up direct debits.
- You get access in current accounts in GBP and EUR.
- Payments to other Monese accounts go through straight away.
Regular Overseas Payments
This section of the Revolut vs. Monese comparison rates both companies equally well. Both let you set up scheduled transfers easily.
- Read more about FrontierPay traded currencies.
- Shout you choose CurrencyFair or Revolut?
- Which is better between TransferWise and Revolut?