Technological advances have helped change how people send money overseas to a significant extent. For instance, you may select either Revolut or Monese and look forward to sending money on the go, at practically any time. However, does one provide better services than the other? This depends on your individual requirements.
Turning to Trustpilot, an online review-based platform, gives you easy means to check where the Monese vs. Revolut comparison stands with respect to their previous customers. While the average Trustpilot score of Revolut is 8.1 out of 10, Monese scores better, averaging at 9.1 out of 10.
There are other factors that may have an effect on your decision to go with Monese or Revolut.
- Exchange Rates
- Ease of Use
- Regular Overseas Payments
One company rates better than the other in this section of the Monese vs. Revolut comparison because of its fee-free limits.
- You may transfer up to £5,000/€5,000 every month without paying any transfer fees.
- A 0.5% fair usage fee applies on transfers that exceed the free monthly limit.
- You get unlimited free transfers as a Premium or Metal member.
- Standard membership comes with no monthly fee.
- You need to pay a monthly fee of €7.99 for Premium membership, and €13.99 for Metal membership.
- If you initiate a turbo transfer as a standard customer, you end up paying additional fees.
- The company makes its complete fee structure available online.
- Monese charges a fee of 0.5% to 0.75% of the transfer amount.
- The minimum you will need to pay as fees is £2.
- Starter members pay no monthly fees.
- Plus members need to pay £4.95 per month.
- Premium membership comes at a monthly cost of £14.95.
- You may get further details about the company’s pricing policy online.
Ease of Use
Using overseas money transfer services of Revolut or Monese is fairly simple. However, both require that you initiate transfers through their apps.
- Revolut provides a multilingual app.
- It accepts payments via bank account transfers, debit cards, credit cards, Apple Pay, and Google Pay.
- Turbo transfers come with quicker turnaround times.
- Customers get free receiving accounts in GBP and EUR.
- You get the ability to hold funds in as many as 25 currencies.
- You may use the Revolut Premium card to access funds in your account globally.
- The Metal card gives you access to your money in over 150 currencies.
- Using the Revolut vault might result in long-term savings.
- The company lets you trade in and hold various cryptocurrencies such as Ethereum, Litecoin, XRP, Bitcoin, and Bitcoin Cash.
- The company accepts payments via bank account transfers and cash.
- You may use the Monese card globally, for in-store purchases, cash transfers, and ATM withdrawals.
- You may use your Monese current account to set up direct debits.
- You get access in current accounts in GBP and EUR.
- Payments to other Monese accounts go through straight away.
Regular Overseas Payments
This section of the Revolut vs. Monese comparison rates both companies equally well. Both let you set up scheduled transfers easily.
- Read more about FrontierPay traded currencies.
- Shout you choose CurrencyFair or Revolut?
- Which is better between TransferWise and Revolut?