Revolut is a UK-based neobank regulated by the Financial Services Authority, meaning your money is protected up to the current limit. It provides services to individuals and businesses from different countries. It gives individuals three types of current bank accounts from which to choose. You may send money overseas through this service provider by using its app, and not its website. Access to its app comes in multiple languages. With regard to business banking, companies get to hold funds and transact in 24 currencies.
Revolut offers reliable and cost effective services, especially when compared to traditional banks, although it’s yet to offer a fully-fledged savings account. However, looking at what prominent Revolut competitors, some of which may be described as “challenger banks”, have to offer may be worth your while.
Your individual requirements play a crucial role in determining which Revolut alternative might work best for you. For example, do you want to work with a company that does not require you to download and use an app?
Jump further down the page to the International Money Transfer Revolut competitors if you are you looking for banking apps or related services, money saving tips, or an easy way to send money overseas.
Digital Banking Alternatives to Revolut
Available: EU Account Fees:
Simple - £0 (£4.95 for card delivery),
Classic - £4.95,
Premium - £14.95
Account Types: Personal & Business Trust Pilot Score: 8.8/10 GooglePay and ApplePay capable In-app Spending Visualisation Cash deposit options available Real time spending alerts
- COUPON: £/€15
USE INVITE CODE: ICOMPARE
Use invite code during in-app sign up
Awarded after 1st use of debit card
Available: UK / EU / Australia Account Fees:
Standard - £0,
Premium - £6.99,
Metal - £12.99
Account Types: Personal & Business Trust Pilot Score: 8.9/10 1% cashback using the Metal Card Virtual dedit cards available Travel optimised phuscial debit card First 3 month business account fee free with coupon. Click below.
- COUPON: 3 Months Free!
Click Redeem Offer Button
Available: UK / EU / US Account Fees:
N26 - £0,
N26 You - £4.90,
N26 Metal - £14.90
Account Types: Personal & Business Trust Pilot Score: 7.6/10 International Money Transfers with TransferWise Zero Foreign and domestic ATM Fees Available in USA Direct debit capable
In-Depth Revolut Alternatives Comparison
|Types of customers||Personal and Business||Personal (Business only available in Eurozone)||Personal & Business||Personal & Business|
|Monthly Account Fee||Standard: £0 / A$0|
Premium: £6.99 /A$10.99
Metal:£12.99 / A$19.99
N26 You: £4.90 / €9.90
N26 Metal: £14.90 / €16.90
|Simple: £0 (£4.95 for card delivery)|
|Supported Countries||UK; EU; AUS||UK / EU / US||All countries in European Economic Area (EEA)||UK|
|Types of Accounts||Current||Current||Current||Current|
|Multi-Currency Accounts||GBP, EUR – (Not supported in Australia)||No||GBP, EUR||No|
|Top Up / Adding Funds||Bank transfer, debit card, credit card, Apple Pay, Google Pay, other Revolut users (depending on where you live)||CASH26 (in Germany, Austria, and Italy)|
Via SEPA transfer (all regions)
Requesting money from a friend
|Bank transfer, debit card, cash (through PayPoint and Post Offices in the UK)||Bank transfer, cash|
|Certificates of deposit||No||No||No||No|
|Physical Debit Cards||Yes (Standard, Premium, and Metal)||Yes (N26, N26 You, and N26 Metal)||Yes (Contactless)||Yes (Next Day Replacement)|
|Credit / Debit Card Delivery Speed||Standard: Up to 9 business days|
Express: Up to 3 business days (UK, US, Australia, or Canada)
Up to 4 business days (all other countries)
|7 – 10 business days||Up to 5 business days in the UK|
Up to 14 days internationally
|Up to 5 business days|
|Virtual Debit Card||Yes||No||No||No|
|Cashback||Metal: 1% cashback on card payments||0.1% cashback with N26 Business||Avios points through participating retailers||Loyalty points through Flux|
|ATM fees (including Foreign)||Standard: Fee-free withdrawals up to £200 / A$350 per month|
Premium: Fee-free withdrawals up to £400 / A$700 per month
Metal: Fee-free withdrawals up to £600 / A$1,050 per month
2% above threshold. Real exchange rates used.
|Free withdrawals at home and overseas||Simple: Fee-free withdrawals up to £200 per month|
Classic: Fee-free withdrawals up to £800
Premium: Fee-free withdrawals
2% above threshold. Real exchange rates used
|Fee-free cash withdrawals in the UK|
Fee-free £200/month withdrawals when overseas; 3% charge once you cross the limit
|Foreign Transaction Fees||Standard: Fee-free up to £5,000 / A$9,000. Above 0.5% fee applies.|
Premium: Free unlimited FX at interbank rate
Metal: Free unlimited FX at interbank rate
|Nil||Simple: Fee-free up to £2,000 per month|
Classic: Fee-free up to £8,000 per month
2% above threshold. Real exchange rates used
|Apple Pay & Google Pay||Both||Both||Both||Both|
|Minimum balance requirement||Nil||Nil||Nil||Nil|
|International money transfers||Yes||Yes – through TransferWise||Yes||Yes|
|Banking license||Yes||Banking license from the ECB, BaFin, and FDIC (via Axos Bank)||No||Yes|
|Registered with / Authorised by||FCA, ASIC||ECB, BaFin, FDIC (via Axos Bank)||FCA||PRA, FCA, FSCS|
|Trustpilot score||8.9 out of 10||7.7 out of 10||8.9 out of 10||8.9 out of 10|
|Spending Visualisation||Budgeting with Analytics||Monthly overview, spending categories||Budgeting, Spending Overview||Budgeting with Summary|
|Options to deposit cash||No||No||Yes – (through PayPoint and Post Offices in the UK)||Yes – (through PayPoint)|
Revolut is a UK-based digital bank that gives its customers the ability to choose from three types of current bank accounts based on their specific needs. All three give customers access to UK current and Euro IBAN accounts. Customers benefit by getting interbank rates when they spend in more than 150 currencies. Access to the Revolut app comes in 24 languages.
- The Revolut Standard account comes with free UK current and Euro IBAN accounts
- No foreign transaction fees for up to £5,000 / A$9,000 per month for Standard account holders
- No foreign transaction fees for Revolut Premium and Metal account holders
- To withdraw cash, fee-free ATM withdrawals up to a limit depending on the type of account you hold
- Premium and Metal accounts give you instant access to different cryptocurrencies
- Premium and Metal accounts come with a range of other benefits
- on where you live, top up funds using a bank transfer, debit card, credit card, Apple Pay, Google Pay, other through other Revolut users
- Earn 1% cashback on Metal card payments
- Allows direct debits in GBP and EUR
- Use with Apple Pay and Google Pay
- The Premium account attracts £6.99 as monthly fees
- With the Metal account, you need to pay £12.99 per month
- Markups apply on transfers initiated outside of business hours
- No agent network for cash transfers
- Free Cash withdrawals only up to £200 per month for Standard members
Monese is a UK-based alternative to Revolut that provides current accounts and international money transfer services. You may sign up with this neobank as an individual or a business, from anywhere in the European Economic Area (EEA). Its personal customers get to choose from three account types. All customers get access to GBP and EUR current accounts. This is among the few digital banks that let you add funds to your account using cash.
- No monthly fee for Simple account
- Bank accounts in GBP and EUR
- Lets customers open joint accounts
- Add funds using bank transfers, debit cards, or cash
- Fee-free ATM withdrawal limits that are account-specific
- Fee-free foreign exchange thresholds depending on the type of account you have
- Fee-free ATM withdrawals and foreign exchange for Premium customers
- Allows direct debits
- Use with Apple Pay and Google Pay
- With the Simple account, you need to pay a one-time fee for £4.95 for card delivery
- The Classic account attracts £4.95 as monthly fees
- With the Premium account, you need to pay £14.95 per month
- No agent network for cash transfers
International Money Transfer Alternatives to Revolut
The corresponding table gives you an easy way to narrow down on Revolut alternatives that suit your needs.
- Look for companies that offer your desired transfer method.
- Compare how much your transfer might cost.
- Check transfer speeds.
- Determine if you meet any applicable minimum transfer amount requirements.
Revolut Competitor Comparison Table
- User Rating
- Transfer Type
- Regular Payments
- Mobile App
- Min Transfer Amount
- Travel Debit Card
- Global Bank Accounts
- Online Only
- First £3,000 Fee Free
- 1 - 2 Days
- £1 / $1
- TransferWise Debit Card now comes with the Borderless Account!
- Free $50 Coupon!
- Receiving FREE / 1%
- 0 - 3 Days
- Varies Per Customer
- Yes. Payoneer allows you to order a Mastercard after you register
This UK-based Revolut competitor also has offices in the Netherlands, Japan, and Hong Kong. It provides services to individuals, businesses, and online sellers. If you sign up for the World Account, you get access to free receiving accounts in USD, CAD, GBP, EUR, AUD, NZD, and JPY. World First operates multilingual region-specific websites.
- Register as an individual, a business, or an online seller
- Sign up for the World Account as a business or an online seller
- Offices in the UK, the Netherlands, Japan, and Hong Kong
- Multilingual websites for the UK, the Netherlands, France, Singapore, and Japan
- Charges a transparent margin over existing interbank/mid-market currency exchange rates, which varies depending on your expected annual transfer amount
- Set up forward contracts and scheduled transfers
- The World Account comes with receiving accounts in USD, GBP, EUR, AUD, NZD, JPY, and CAD – you may use these accounts to save on currency conversion fees
- You may connect your World Account with Xero at any time
- Initiate your transfer online or over the phone
- Where you live may affect sending limits
- Cannot access funds in your World Account by using a card
- Does not provide services in all American states
TransferWise is a UK-based international money transfer company. It also has offices in Estonia, Ukraine, Hungary, the U.S., Hong Kong, and Singapore. While this company provides services to individuals and businesses, it is among the few alternatives to Revolut that also serves online sellers. It operates multilingual region-specific websites. The Borderless Account made available to businesses and online sellers comes with fee-free receiving accounts in USD, GBP, EUR, AUD, and NZD. The TransferWise Mastercard gives you easy access to money in your Borderless Account.
- Sign up as an individual, a business, or an online seller
- Use your Facebook or Google account to hasten the registration process
- Offices in the UK, Estonia, Ukraine, Hungary, the U.S., Hong Kong, and Singapore
- Multilingual websites for the UK, France, Italy, Germany, the U.S., Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Japan, and Singapore
- Depending on where you live, you may pay using a credit card
- The Borderless Account gives you access to receiving accounts in USD, GBP, EUR, AUD, and NZD
- Use the TransferWise Mastercard to access funds in your Borderless Account globally
- Use the Borderless Account to hold funds and make transactions in more than 40 currencies
- The Borderless Account lets you transfer funds to over 50 countries
- Not all foreign currency corridors supported by its peer-to-peer network
- Does not provide forward contracts, market orders, and scheduled transfers
- Transfer fees may vary depending on the currencies involved, the payment method, and the transfer method
You may have little to no luck when looking for Revolut competitors in the form of conventional banks that let you carry out overseas money transfers. This is because most banks tend to offer less-than-favorable interbank exchange rates while charging rather high fees. Besides, their turnaround times typically leave room for improvement. As a result, if you are looking for Revolut alternatives, it might be in your best interest to limit your search to specialist international money transfer companies.
- Is CurrencyFair similar to TransferWise?
- Watch video on How CurrencyFair Works.
- Learn more about CurrencyFair’s Exchange and AutoTransaction