If you look at various Remitly vs. OFX comparisons, you will notice that both companies provide reliable and cost-effective international money transfer services. However, might you benefit more by using one company instead of the other? That might well be the case.
Customers of both companies have largely positive things to say about their experiences. On Trustpilot, a review-based website, Remitly averages at 9.4 out of 10, whereas OFX averages at 9.1 out of 10.
To determine if you should select OFX or Remitly, you need to pay attention to different aspects, which include:
- Exchange Rates
- Ease of Use
- Regular Overseas Payments
The fees you end up paying through Remitly or OFX depends on different factors.
- The currencies being traded, the transfer amount, and the transfer speed may affect transfer fees.
- Remitly carries out Economy and Express transfers.
- Economy transfers to some countries come with no fees.
- Credit card payments attract additional fees.
- If you send money from the U.S. or the UK, you pay no transfer fees.
- Sending any amount below AUD $10,000 from Australia requires that you pay AUD $15 as fees.
- Sending less than CAD $10,000 from Canada requires that you pay a CAD $15 fee.
- If you send less than AUD $10,000, or its equivalent in any other currency from Hong Kong, you need to pay a HKD $60 fee.
Ease of Use
Some aspects in this section of the comparison might have a bearing on whether you should select OFX or Remitly.
- Remitly operates multilingual region-specific websites.
- Yu may use Remitly to transfer money to bank accounts or to cash pickup centers.
- Acceptable payment methods include bank account transfers, debit cards, and credit cards.
- Access to different region-specific OFX websites comes only in English.
- Depending on where you live, you may pay via electronic bank transfers, wire transfers, direct debit, or BPAY.
Regular Overseas Payments
One company does better than the other in this section of the Remitly vs. OFX comparison. While OFX lets you set up scheduled transfers with ease, Remitly does not offer this feature yet.
- Who is similar to OFX.com?
- Which one is worthy of your attention – OFX and Payoneer?
- Want to know more about OFX.com features?