Who Can Benefit By Using OrbitRemit?
This specialist overseas money transfer provides services for individuals and businesses. When you use Internet banking to make payments to this company from any of its supported send-countries, you will pay no additional fees. Its clients use its money transfer services for varied reasons, some of which include:
- Sending money to friends or family
- Paying international tuition fees
- Making payments towards mortgages
- Making credit card payments
- Paying utility bills from different countries
- Paying for a new property
- Paying suppliers and employees
At a Glance – OrbitRemit Money Transfer Services
Registering with OrbitRemit is simple and takes little time. Its online platform gives you easy means to keep track of your transfer. Competitive exchange rates along with nominal flat fees may lead to savings. The company provides round-the-clock customer service via chat and over the phone.
The corresponding table gives you quick insight into the company’s offerings.
- User Rating
- Transfer Type
- Regular Payments
- Mobile App
- Min Transfer Amount
Details About OrbitRemit
Good OrbitRemit reviews should pay attention to all the aspects that may affect your decision. For instance, when you make an Internet banking payment to this company from the UK, Australia, or New Zealand, it goes into a local OrbitRemit bank account, making it a local settlement. This ensures that you do not end up paying an additional transfer or conversion cost.
In the subsections below, you will find out about aspects such as supported countries, fees, and speed.
The cost of your transfer depends on where you live and the destination country. When sending money from the UK, transfers to most countries come with a flat fee of £2. If you initiate your transfer from Australia, you will need to pay a flat fee of AUD $4 for transfers to most countries. If you send money from New Zealand, the fee will depend on the destination country, as indicated in the table below.
|Australia (AUD)||NZD $5|
|United Kingdom (GBP)||NZD $4|
|United States (USD)||NZD $5|
|Europe (EUR)||NZD $4|
|Philippines (PHP)||NZD $6|
|Vietnam (VND)||NZD $4|
|India (INR)||NZD $4|
|Indonesia (IDR)||NZD $4|
|Malaysia (MYR)||NZD $4|
|Sri Lanka (LKR)||NZD $4|
|Bangladesh (BDT)||NZD $4|
|Nepal (NPR)||NZD $4|
|Fiji (FJD)||NZD $4|
|Sweden (SEK)||NZD $4|
|Denmark (DKK)||NZD $4|
|Poland (PLN)||NZD $4|
|Norway (NOK)||NZD $4|
|South Africa (ZAR)||NZD $4|
|Thailand (THB)||NZD $4|
|Singapore (SGD)||NZD $4|
The fee you need to pay remains the same as long you do not send $10,000 or more. The company waives fees for payments made to the Ministry of Justice and IRD. No fees apply when you send more than $10,000. Every tenth transfer through OrbitRemit is fee-free.
OrbitRemit lets you register from the UK, Australia, or New Zealand. You may use its services to transfer money to any of the following countries:
|Supported Countries and Currencies|
The easy-to-use online calculator found on the OrbitRemit homepage lets you view its list of supported countries.
OrbitRemit releases your transfer for settlement only after it receives funds from your end. Once it gets your payment it releases funds for settlement by the next business day. You need to remember that payments that do not make it before the cut-off time of your bank will delay the process by one business day. Cut-off times, depending on where you live, are indicated below:
- Australia. 6pm (AET).
- New Zealand. Bank-dependant – 8pm, 10pm, or 12am.
The UK. No cut-off time if your bank facilitates “fast payments” – otherwise, expect a processing time of up to three days.
OrbitRemit lets you make one-off transfers and it lets you schedule transfers as well. You can set up automatic payment schedules according to your needs. With some payment types, OrbitRemit provides a direct debit option. This company does not provide hedging options such as forward contracts and market orders yet.
- 24/7 support – You may contact an OrbitRemit representative at any time via its online chat platform or over the phone. The company provides local phone support in the UK, Australia, and New Zealand. The support section that is part of its website provides answers to most commonly asked questions.
- Bank Account Transfers – You may use the services of OrbitRemit to transfer money into overseas bank accounts. The company lets you choose between one-off and scheduled transfers.
- Pay a Person – You may use the Pay a Person feature to send money to the Philippines or Vietnam. The recipient can get the transferred money delivered to a particular address or collect it by visiting a cash pick-up location.
- Making credit card payments – This company lets you make payments towards credit cards issued by banks in the UK, Australia, New Zealand, the Philippines, and Vietnam.
- Sending limits – The least you may transfer is AUD $5, NZD $5, or £5, not inclusive of the fee. From the UK, you may make one transfer of up to £800 before the verification of your account. Then, you may transfer any amount up to £9,900 using the online platform. Personal customers from Australia and New Zealand may transfer any amount up to $60,000 using the online dashboard. Business customers from Australia and New Zealand may transfer any amount up to $100,000, and it changes to £50,000 for business customers from the UK. For transfers that exceed these limits, you will need to contact your local OrbitRemit office.
- Apps – The company provides apps for devices that run on iOS and Android.
OrbitRemit Exchange Rates
If you compare currency exchange rates offered by OrbitRemit with what most banks have to offer, you will notice that this company is consistent in offering better rates. When you create a transfer using the online dashboard, you get an exchange rate that will apply on your transfer. If you do pay for the transfer soon enough, OrbitRemit holds the right to cancel it. Once you book a transfer, it remains open for two business days.
There are no existing coupons from OrbitRemit, but you may benefit by using its referral scheme. When you refer one person, you become eligible for rewards. When you refer three people who use the company’s services to make transfers, you get a cash reward of AUD/NZD $150 or £75 depending on your country of residence. The person you refer gets one fee-free transfer.
How to Sign Up with OrbitRemit?
Signing up with OrbitRemit requires that you submit an online application. You may register if you are a resident of the UK, Australia, or New Zealand. Details you need to provide to successfully create a profile include your complete name, home address, and phone number. This overseas money transfer company requires you to upload documents that verify your identity and address. This is to comply with the anti money laundering and countering the financing of terrorism act (2009). Once the company verifies your
Most OrbitRemit reviews mention that sending money through this company is simple, which is true. This is what you need to do.
- Create a transfer. Use the online platform to create a transfer. You need to enter the amount you wish to transfer and provide the recipient’s details.
- Make the payment. You will need to transfer funds into OrbitRemit’s local bank account. Since this is a local transfer, your bank will not charge a fee.
- Funds transferred. Once OrbitRemit receives your payment it carries out the currency exchange and transfers the money to the beneficiary.
Additional Information About OrbitRemit
- In the UK, this company is registered with Her Majesty’s Revenue & Customs (HMRC) and the Financial Services Authority (FSA).
- In New Zealand, it is registered with the Financial Markets Authority (FMA).
- Its website relies on industry standard HTTPS encryption to protect all transactions.
- It does not operate a multilingual website.
If you turn to Trustpilot, an online platform people where real people leave reviews, you will see that OrbitRemit scores well across different parameters. Overall, it averages at 9.3 out of 10. Its customers have good things to say on social media platforms too.
If you need information about any particular aspect, you may find it by checking the company’s comprehensive online support section. You may also contact a company representative via chat, over the phone, or in person.
OrbitRemit phone numbers are in the table below.
|The UK||0800 622 6435|
|Australia||(03) 5294 0380|
|New Zealand||0800 672 484|
This OrbitRemit money transfer review has delved deep into the functioning of this company so you may make an informed decision about whether or not it is the right company for you. When you compare currency exchange rates provided by this company with banks, you will see that using its services can lead to savings. However, comparing it with other leading overseas money transfer companies may be in your best interest because of the stiff competition that this field faces.
OrbitRemit Review Updates
OrbitRemit is a New Zealand-based company that also accepts customers from Australia and the UK. It provides specialist money transfer services for individuals and businesses alike, giving them a quick and simple way to transfer money to more than 35 countries. It follows an easy-to-understand fee structure and provides competitive exchange rates. Scheduling transfers through OrbitRemit is possible. Headquartered in New Zealand, OrbitRemit also has offices the UK and Australia. This overseas money transfer company began operations in 2009 and was founded by David Platt, Paul Robinson, Robbie Sampson, and Tommy Heptinstall. It provides services to residents of New Zealand, Australia, and the UK. You may use its services to send money to more than 35 countries spread across the Americas, Europe, Asia, Africa, and Oceania. The company charges a flat fee to carry out cross-border money transfers and it offers bank-beating exchange rates consistently. While most OrbitRemit reviews focus on its international money transfer services, not many talk about its other offerings. This company lets you make fee-free payments to the New Zealand Inland Revenue Department (IRD), you may use it to pay fines and reparation payments to the New Zealand Ministry of Justice, and it also gives you the ability to make payments to the New Zealand Ministry of Social Development. Read this OrbitRemit money transfer review in its entirety to determine if using this company’s services is in your best interest.