N26 Bank GmbH is a Germany-based neobank. It received its banking license from the European Central Bank (ECB) and the German Federal Financial Supervisory Authority (BaFin) in 2016. This neobank provides services for individuals and businesses across most countries in Europe, as well as for individuals from the United States. With the United Kingdom leaving the EU in early 2020, N26 stopped offering its services to residents of the UK.
If you are looking for an N26 alternative, you need to narrow down on your options based on the type of service you need. For instance, do you need banking services or do you wish to compare N26 competitors that provide international money transfer services.
Digital Banking Alternatives to N26
Available: UK Account Fees: £0 Account Types: Personal & Business Trust Pilot Score: 8.7/10 Cash top Ups available via PayPoint Loyalty points available through Flux TransferWise used for internatioanl money transfers Budgeting summary visualisation available
Available: EU Account Fees:
Simple - £0 (£4.95 for card delivery),
Classic - £5.95,
Premium - £14.95
Account Types: Personal & Business Trust Pilot Score: 8.8/10 GooglePay and ApplePay capable In-app Spending Visualisation Cash deposit options available Real time spending alerts
- COUPON: £/€15
USE INVITE CODE: ICOMPARE
Use invite code during in-app sign up
Awarded after 1st use of debit card
Available: UK / EU / Australia Account Fees:
Standard - £0,
Premium - £6.99,
Metal - £12.99
Account Types: Personal & Business Trust Pilot Score: 8.9/10 1% cashback using the Metal Card Virtual dedit cards available Travel optimised phuscial debit card First 3 month business account fee free with coupon. Click below.
- COUPON: 3 Months Free!
Click Redeem Offer Button
In-Depth N26 Alternatives Comparison
|Types of customers||Individuals and Businesses||Individuals and Businesses||Individuals and Businesses|
|Monthly Account Fee||Standard: £0 / A$0|
Premium: £6.99 /A$10.99
Metal: £12.99 / A$19.99
|Simple: £0 (£4.95 for card delivery)|
|Supported Countries||UK; EU; AUS||All countries in European Economic Area (EEA)||UK|
|Types of accounts||Current||Current||Current|
|Multi-Currency Accounts||GBP, EUR – (Not supported in Australia)||GBP, EUR||No|
|Top Up / Adding Funds||Bank transfer, debit card, credit card, Google Pay, Apple Pay, other Revolut users (depending on where you live)||Bank transfer, debit card, cash (through Post Offices and PayPoint in the UK)||Bank transfer, cash|
|Certificates of deposit||No||No||No|
|Physical Debit Cards||Yes (Standard, Premium, and Metal)||Yes (Contactless)||Yes (With Next Day Replacement)|
|Credit / Debit Card Delivery Speed||Standard: Up to 9 business days|
Express: Up to 3 business days (UK, U.S., Canada, or Australia); Up to 4 business days (all other countries)
|Up to 5 business days in the UK|
Up to 14 days internationally
|Up to 5 business days|
|Virtual Debit Card||Yes||Yes||No|
|Cashback||Metal: 1% cashback on card payments||Avios points through participating retailers||Loyalty points through Flux|
|ATM fees (including Foreign)||Standard: Fee-free withdrawals up to £200 / A$350 per month|
Premium: Fee-free withdrawals up to £400 / A$700 per month
Metal: Fee-free withdrawals up to £600 / A$1,050 per month
2% above threshold. Real exchange rates used.
|Simple: Fee-free withdrawals up to £200 per month|
Classic: Fee-free withdrawals up to £800
Premium: Fee-free withdrawals
2% above threshold. Real exchange rates used.
|Fee-free cash withdrawals in the UK|
Fee-free £200/month withdrawals when overseas; 3% charge once you cross the limit
|Foreign Transaction Fees||Standard: Fee-free up to £5,000 / A$9,000. Then, a 0.5% fee applies.|
Premium: Free unlimited FX at interbank rate
Metal: Free unlimited FX at interbank rate
|Simple: Fee-free up to £2,000 per month|
Classic: Fee-free up to £8,000 per month
2% above threshold. Real exchange rates used
|Apple Pay & Google Pay||Both||Both||Both|
|Minimum balance requirement||Nil||Nil||Nil|
|International money transfers||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Registered with / Authorised by||FCA, ASIC||FCA||PRA, FCA, FSCS|
|Trustpilot score||8.9 out of 10||8.9 out of 10||8.9 out of 10|
|Spending Visualisation||Budgeting with Analytics||Budgeting, Spending Overview||Budgeting with Summary|
|Options to deposit cash||No||Yes – (through Post Offices and PayPoint in the UK)||Yes – (through PayPoint)|
Monzo is a neobank that is headquartered in the UK. This alternative to N26 gives its customers the ability to access money in their account from just about anywhere in the world through its Mastercard offering. You may register with Monzo as an individual and not as a business. Setting up direct debits by using your Monzo account is easy. The bank offers an optional overdraft facility. It also provides international money transfer services.
- Provides a UK-based GBP-denominated current account
- Charges no monthly fees
- Pay no fees for local ATM withdrawals
- Foreign transactions come with no fees
- Make fee-free international ATM withdrawals of up to £200 per month
- Integrating the Monzo card with Google Pay and Apple Pay is simple
- Add cash in your account by using the PayPoint network
- Allows setting up of direct debits
- Accepts customers only from the UK
- You may add funds in your account only in GBP
- Does not provide multicurrency accounts
- Physical presence only in the UK and the U.S.
- Need to use the Monzo app to access your account
- Access to app comes only in English
- Does not carry out international cash transfers
This N26 competitor has its headquarters in the UK. It provides services for individuals and businesses. You may register from any country that is part of the European Economic Area (EEA). As a personal customer, you get three account types from which to choose. Once you sign up, you get access to current bank account details in GBP and EUR. The globally accepted Monese Mastercard gives you easy access to money in your account. Topping up your account using cash is an option. You may also use the services of Monese to send money overseas.
- Get bank accounts details in GBP and EUR
- The Simple account comes with no monthly fees
- You may open a joint account
- Add money in your account using debit cards, bank account transfers, or cash
- Limit-based free ATM withdrawals depending on the type of account you hold
- Limit-based free foreign exchange depending on the type of account you hold
- Premium customers get unlimited free ATM withdrawals and foreign exchange
- Setting up direct debits is easy
- Easy integration with Google Pay and Apple Pay
- Provides a multilingual app
- The Simple account comes with a one-time card delivery fee of £4.95
- You pay a £5.95 monthly fee for the Classic account
- If you opt for the Premium account, a £14.95 monthly fee applies
- No international cash transfers
You may sign up with this UK-based N26 alternative as an individual or a business. Personal customers get the ability to select from three current bank accounts. Upon signing up, you get access to unique GBP-denominated and EUR-denominated current accounts. You may use your Revolut card the world over. Revolut customers may also use its services to carry out international money transfers.
- All Revolut accounts come with UK current and Euro IBAN accounts
- Fee-free ATM withdrawals come with account-specific limits
- Standard account holders pay no fees for foreign transactions of up to £5,000 / A$9,000 per month
- As a Premium or Metal account holder, you get unlimited free foreign transactions
- Get access to different cryptocurrencies if you register for a Premium or Metal account
- Region-specific methods to add funds in your account include bank account transfers, debit cards, credit cards, Google Pay, Apple Pay, and transfers from other Revolut users
- Payments made using Metal cards come with 1% cashback
- Setting up direct debits in GBP and EUR is easy
- Allows integration with Google Pay and Apple Pay
- App access comes in multiple languages
- Premium account holders pay a monthly fee of £6.99
- A monthly fee of £12.99 applies on the Metal account
- You will need to pay a markup if you initiate an overseas money transfer before or after business hours
- Standard users get free ATM withdrawals of just up to £200 each month
- No overseas cash transfers
International Money Transfer Alternatives to N26
- Check the corresponding table to look at N26 competitors based on your specific requirements.
- Check the available transfer methods.
- Compare transfer fees and turnaround time.
- Determine minimum transfer amount requirements.
- User Rating
- Transfer Type
- Regular Payments
- Mobile App
- Min Transfer Amount
- Travel Debit Card
- Global Bank Accounts
- Online Only
- First £3,000 Fee Free
- 1 - 2 Days
- £1 / $1
- TransferWise Debit Card now comes with the Borderless Account!
- Free $50 Coupon!
- Receiving FREE / 1%
- 0 - 3 Days
- Varies Per Customer
- Yes. Payoneer allows you to order a Mastercard after you register
If you are looking for N26 alternatives in the international money transfer space, UK-based TransferWise is among the leading contenders for the top spot. You may sign up with this company as an individual, a business, or an online seller. Its Borderless Account for businesses and online sellers comes with bank account details in different currencies. The Borderless Account also comes with a linked Mastercard. You may use the company’s region-specific websites in different languages.
- Serves individuals, businesses, and online sellers
- Headquartered in the UK, offices also in the U.S., Estonia, Hungary, Ukraine, Singapore, and Hong Kong
- Accepts credit card payments from residents of some countries
- Get bank account details in GBP, EUR, USD, PLN, AUD, and NZD when you register for the Borderless Account
- Access funds in your Borderless Account globally by using the TransferWise Mastercard
- Hold funds and transact in over 40 currencies by using the Borderless Account
- Its peer-to-peer (P2P) network does not support all currency corridors
- Absence of hedging tools and scheduled transfers
- The fee you need to pay depends on where you and the recipient live, the mode of payment, as well as the transfer method
This alternative to N26 has its headquarters in Australia. It provides services for individuals, businesses, and online sellers. Signing up for the Global Currency Account gives you access to bank account details in multiple currencies. While OFX operates different region-specific websites, you may use them only in English.
- Register as an individual, a business, or an online seller
- Australia-based, offices also in the U.S., Canada, New Zealand, the UK, and Singapore
- Personal transfers are fee-free
- Provides forward contracts and market orders
- Lets you schedule transfers
- The Global Currency Account comes with bank accounts in GBP, EUR, USD, CAD, AUD, and HKD
- Send money online or over the phone
- Local phone support provided in some countries
- No card provided with the Global Currency Account
- Trading in some currencies is allowed only over the phone
- Website access only in English
UK-based WorldFirst is an N26 competitor that lets you sign up as an individual, a business, or an online seller. With the World Account, you get bank account details in various currencies. Access to its region-specific websites comes in different languages.
- Provides services for individuals, businesses, and online sellers
- Headquarters in the UK, international offices in the Netherlands, Japan, and Singapore
- Applies transfer amount-based transparent margins over existing mid-market/real exchange rates
- Provides forward contracts
- Setting up scheduled transfers is easy
- Sign up for the World Account and get bank accounts in GBP, EUR, USD, CAD, AUD, NZD, and JPY
- Integrating Xero with the World Account is simple
- Transfer funds online or over the phone
- Operates multilingual region-specific websites
- Region-specific sending limits
- No card with the World Account
- Does not accept customers from the U.S.
Payoneer is a U.S.-based N26 alternative that serves individuals and businesses. However, where you live has a bearing on whether you may use its services to send and/or receive payments. Business customers get bank account details in different currencies through the Global Payment Service.
- U.S.-based, offices also in the UK, Australia, and Gibraltar
- Accepts credit card payments
- The Global Payment Service offers bank account details in GBP, EUR, USD, CAD, AUD, CNY, and JPY
- Hold funds and transact in multiple currencies
- Provides a Mastercard for easy access to funds in your account
- Multilingual website
- Allows transfers only between Payoneer users
- The option to send money is not available in all countries
- You need to pay an annual fee for the Mastercard
Finding a conventional bank that is better than or similar to N26 when it comes to sending money overseas is a tough task. This is because most banks add notable markups to existing mid-market rates while also charging steep fees. As a result, if you wish to send money overseas, it might be in your best interest to limit your search to the online specialists.