Selecting Moneycorp or HiFX for your next overseas money transfer can be a good idea, given that both offer reliable services. However, is one company preferable to the other? The answer to this seemingly simple question lies in the details, and it can vary from one situation to the next.
A good way to start the HiFX vs. Moneycorp comparison is by looking at what customers of both companies have to say about the services they receive. On Trustpilot, customer ratings of HiFX average 9.5 out of 10. Moneycorp, on the other hand, averages 4.6 out of 5 on Feefo, or 9.2 out of 10. Essentially, customers of both companies are quite satisfied.
- User Rating
- Transfer Type
- Regular Payments
- Mobile App
- Min Transfer Amount
Since customers of both companies rate them well, selecting either HiFX or Moneycorp requires that you delve into details that can have an effect on your transfer. These include:
- Exchange Rates
- Ease of Use
- Regular Overseas Payments
International Money Transfer Fees
Looking at the fees combined with exchange rates determines whether Moneycorp or HiFX offers a better deal.
- The fee you have to pay depends on the Moneycorp website you use.
- Making standard online transfers using the UK-based website requires that you pay £5 as fees. The cost increases to £9 for online express payments.
- Making a transfer over the phone attracts a £15 fee.
- Using the Australia-based Moneycorp website does not attach any fees.
- The fee you have to pay depends on the HiFX website you use.
- If you use the U.S.-based website, you pay USD $5 as fees for transfers below USD $5,000. Transfers over this amount do not attract any fees.
- The UK-based website charges £9 as fees for transfers below £3,000.
- Using the Australia-based website to transfer less than AUD $10,000 attracts AUD $10 as fees.
- Transferring less than NZD $10,000 using the New Zealand-based website attracts NZD $12 as fees.
Ease of Use
If you need website access in a European language, selecting either HiFX or Moneycorp is easy. However, other aspects require your attention as well.
- Moneycorp offers dedicated websites for the U.S., the UK, Australia, Spain, France, Ireland, and Romania.
- Depending on the website you use, access is offered in English, French, Spanish, and Portuguese.
- Moneycorp offers specialist fund transfer services for businesses in the UK, France, Romania, and Ireland.
- Moneycorp offers travel money solutions to people who live in the UK.
- The least you can transfer using this company is £50, or its equivalent in another currency.
- You can use Moneycorp apps with devices that run on Android and iOS.
Regular Overseas Payments
Whether you select Moneycorp or HiFX, scheduling transfers according to your requirements is easy.
- Does TransferWise live up to their hype?
- Learn about the latest HiFX promotions on offer.
- Read a detailed HiFX review for USA, UK, Australia and New Zealand
- Transferwise or HiFX… Which one would you choose?