FrontierPay (previously known as The FX Firm) or World First – does one of these overseas fund transfer companies deserve your attention more than the other? Answering this question requires that you address several intricacies after taking your individual requirements into account.
To find out what customers of this company have to say about their services, I took the World First vs. FrontierPay comparison to Trustpilot, a platform where thousands of users rate online businesses. While World First averages at 9.1 out of 10, FrontierPay rates slightly better, at 9.5 out of 10. However, this is not to suggest you should choose FrontierPay without paying attention to other aspects.
Whether you choose World First or FrontierPay, you will be better off than using the services of most banks. To help you pick between the two, I am dividing this comparison into these categories:
- Exchange Rates
- Ease of Use
- Regular Overseas Payments
International Money Remittance Fees
Using World First or FrontierPay can lead to further savings compared to banks if you consider the fees you end up paying.
- There are no outright fees applied to FrontierPay transfers. Their fee structure is within their exchange rate. The higher the transfer amount, the better the exchange rate offered.
- The amount you wish to transfer and the destination country have an effect on the cost of the transfer.
- No Fees for their personal, business, or Online Seller service offerings.
- Starting November 2017, all fees were removed.
Ease of Use
FrontierPay vs. World First comparison favors the latter if you want website access in a foreign language. To register with either company, you have to submit an online application. Once the verification of your details is complete, you can begin transferring funds.
- FrontierPay gives its customers the ability to initiate transfers online or over the phone.
- All registered users with FrontierPay get access to personal dealers, who they can contact at any time.
- While FrontierPay does not provide apps for mobile devices yet, its website scales to the screen size of your mobile device automatically.
- Access to FrontierPay website is limited to English.
- You can apply for a World First account over the phone.
- Modes of payment include online and phone banking transfers, debit cards, direct debits, CHAPS, and BACS.
- The company provides apps for iOS and Android.
- Depending on the World First website you use, you can get access in English, French, Chinese, and Japanese.
Regular Overseas Payments
You can use the services of FrontierPay or World First to set up regular transfers according to your needs.