This TransferWise vs. Frontierpay (recently acquired by Ebury Partners) comparison is put together for a simple reason. A number of people who want to transfer funds from one country to another narrow their search to two companies, and then find it hard to make a decision. This is not without reason, given that both companies specialize in international fund transfers.
Whether you pick Frontierpay or TransferWise, you will receive high levels of customer service. Both companies rate well on Trustpilot, a website where thousands of users rate prominent online businesses. Frontierpay gets 9.6 out of 10, whereas the TransferWise averages at 9.5 out of 10.
Establishing whether TransferWise or Frontierpay will work better for you requires that you address multiple specifications. This comparison is broken down accordingly:
- Exchange Rates
- Ease of Use
- Regular Overseas Payments
Compare Money Transfer Fees
If you compare the fees that TransferWise or Frontierpay charge with how much fund transfers cost through banks, notice you are in for further savings.
- Frontierpay does not charge any fees to transfer funds overseas.
Ease of Use
In this section of the TransferWise vs. Frontierpay comparison, TransferWiser rates slightly better. To open an account with either company, you have to submit to a simple online application. You can start using your account as soon as the verification of your information is complete.
- This company lets you transfer funds over the Internet and over the phone.
- Once you register with Frontierpay as a customer, you get access to a dedicated personal dealer, who you can contact at any time to get a live quote.
- Frontierpay does not provide apps for mobile devices yet. However, its website scales down to the screen size of the device you use.
- You can access Frontierpay website only in English.
- By using your Google or Facebook account, you can simplify the registration process with TransferWise.
- You can make payments using debit cards, credit cards, and electronic bank transfers.
- Access to the TransferWise website comes in English, German, Spanish, French, Italian, Hungarian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian and Japanese.
- If you sign up for the Borderless Account, you get free bank account details in USD, GBP, EUR, PLN, AUD, and NZD
- Setting up direct debits in EUR and GBP with the Borderless account is simple
- Depending on where you live, you might qualify for the TransferWise Mastercard
- TransferWise provides apps for Android and iOS.
Regular Overseas Payments
If you want to make regular transfers, Frontierpay vs. TransferWise comparison favors the former. TransferWise does not offer this functionality, whereas Frontierpay lets you set up regular payments with ease.