A number of people who wish to transfer funds overseas for different reasons wonder if they should use Frontierpay (previously known as The FX Firm, and recently acquired by Ebury Partners) or TorFX. The answer remains the same at most times. While both of these prominent fund transfer companies serve as better alternatives to most leading banks, choosing between them requires taking individual needs into consideration.
Turning to Trustpilot to find out what customers are saying about prominent online businesses is easy. By taking the TorFX vs. Frontierpay comparison to this platform, you will find that Frontierpay gets an average score of 9.8 out of 10 and TorFX gets 9.7 out of 10. These scores demonstrate that customers of both companies rate them highly.
This comparison is divided into multiple categories to simplify the decision-making process for you:
- Exchange Rates
- Ease of Use
- Regular Overseas Payments
International Currency Transfer Fees
This aspect of the TorFX vs. Frontierpay comparison rates both companies well because both provide fee-free transfers. However, the exchange rate you get plays an equally important role upon the bottom line of the deal.
- Frontierpay does not charge fees to process overseas fund transfers.
- You do not have to pay any fees to transfer funds through TorFX.
- Minimum transfer limits vary according to the TorFX website you use.
- With the UK-based website, you have to transfer at least £100. The minimum transfer amount changes to AUD $200 on the Australian website.
Ease of Use
Submitting an online application to open a new account with TorFX or registering with Frontierpay takes only a few minutes. Both companies verify details of applicants before activating their accounts. Access to both websites is only available in English. Neither company offers apps for mobile devices yet.
- You can initiate fund transfers through Frontierpay online and over the phone.
- Once you register as a customer, you have access to a personal dealer.
- You can check live rates by contacting your personal dealer at any time.
Regular Overseas Payments
Setting up regular overseas payments is easy whether you use Frontierpay or TorFX.