- User Rating
- Transfer Type
- Regular Payments
- Mobile App
- Min Transfer Amount
A number of people who wish to transfer funds overseas for different reasons ask me if they should use FrontierPay (previously known as The FX Firm) or TorFX. My answer remains the same at all times. While both of these prominent fund transfer companies serve as better alternatives to most leading banks, choosing between them requires taking individual needs into consideration.
Turning to Trustpilot to find out what customers are saying about prominent online businesses is easy. When I took the TorFX vs. FrontierPay comparison to this platform, I learned that FrontierPaygets an average score of 9.6 out of 10 and TorFX gets 9.5 out of 10. These scores demonstrate that customers of both companies rate them highly.
I am dividing this comparison into multiple categories to simplify the decision- making process for you:
- Exchange Rates
- Ease of Use
- Regular Overseas Payments
International Currency Transfer Fees
This aspect of the TorFX vs. FrontierPay comparison favors the former because it offers fee-free transfers. However, the exchange rate you get plays an equally important role upon the bottom line of the deal.
- Factors that affect the fees you pay include the destination country and the transfer amount.
- FrontierPay discloses all applicable fees in advance.
- You do not have to pay any fees to transfer funds through TorFX.
- Minimum transfer limits vary according to the TorFX website you use.
- With the UK-based website, you have to transfer at least £50. The minimum transfer amount changes to AUD $100 on the Australian website.
Ease of Use
Submitting an online application to open a new account with TorFX or registering with FrontierPay takes only a few minutes. Both companies verify details of applicants before activating their accounts. Access to both websites is only available in English. Neither company offers apps for mobile devices yet.
- You can initiate fund transfers through FrontierPay online and over the phone.
- Once you register as a customer, you have access to a personal dealer.
- You can check live rates by contacting your personal dealer at any time.
- Depending on where you live, you can use the UK-based or Australia-based TorFX website.
- Payment options include debit cards, credit cards, and electronic bank transfers.
People who require website access in foreign languages can benefit by turning to other popular fund transfer companies such as Azimo, Currencies Direct, CurrencyFair, World First, and TransferWise.
Regular Overseas Payments
Setting up regular overseas payments is easy whether you use FrontierPay or TorFX.
- Read more on TorFX Reviews.
- Watch a TransferWise YouTube video on how to apply your exclusive discount.
- Is there anyone better than TransferWise?