MoneyGram or Frontierpay (previously known as The FX Firm, and recently acquired by Ebury Partners) – does one of these companies deserve your attention more than the other? When compared to the big banks, both companies offer noticeably better deals, as well as a simpler and faster fund transfer experience. If you have narrowed down your search to these companies and are not sure which one to pick, you are not alone.
Whether you choose Frontierpay or MoneyGram depends on various factors. While someone might benefit more by turning to the former, others may have good reason to choose the latter.
Frontierpay vs. MoneyGram comparison is broken down into multiple sections so you can check which company suits your needs best:
- Exchange Rates
- Ease of Use
- Regular Overseas Payments
Overseas Money Transfer Fees
This section of the MoneyGram vs. Frontierpay comparison tilts the balance in favor of the latter. However, using this parameter alone to make a decision is not always ideal. The exchange rate you get also plays a crucial role in the monetary aspect of your transfer.
- The fee MoneyGram charges can vary based on factors such as the country you are transferring funds to, the mode of payment, and the transfer method.
- Payments via electronic bank transfers tend to attract lower fees in comparison to payments via debit and credit cards.
- Transfers to cash pick-up enters are usually more expensive than bank account transfers.
- The MoneyGram calculator gives you an easy way to find out how much your transfer will cost.
Frontierpay does not charge any fees to process overseas fund transfers.
Ease of Use
You can sign up with Frontierpay or MoneyGram in a matter of minutes. However, the company you sign up with activates your account only after verifying the details you provide. If you are looking for website access in a foreign language, Frontierpay vs. MoneyGram comparison favors the latter.
- You can access the MoneyGram website in a variety of languages, some of which include Spanish, French Italian, German, Chinese, Japanese, and Indonesian.
- You can make payments using cash, debit cards, credit cards, and electronic bank transfers. The methods offered vary from one country to another.
- Depending on where there the recipient resides, you can transfer funds to a bank account or to a cash pick-up center.
- As a MoneyGram Plus member you receive notifications about the status of your transfers via email. You also get access to apps for mobile devices.
- Frontierpay assigns dedicated personal dealers to all registered users.
- You can call your dealer at any time to get live quotes.
- Access to Frontierpay website is only provided in English.
- The company does not yet offer apps for mobile devices.
Regular Overseas Payments
Picking MoneyGram or Frontierpay becomes simple if you want to transfer funds regularly. While setting up regular transfers with Frontierpay is easy, MoneyGram does not offer this functionality as of now.
- Continue reading Frontierpay Review.
- Read more about Frontierpay traded currencies.
- Learn more about Frontierpay fee free transfers.