FrontierPay (previously known as The FX Firm and recently acquired by Ebury Partners) or CurrencyFair – deciding which of these two companies to use is a predicament many people face. Compared to most banks, both companies offer noticeably better deals. However, when it comes to choosing between the two, your decision depends on multiple factors.
By taking the CurrencyFair vs. Frontierpay comparison to Trustpilot, you will notice that customers of both companies have little or nothing to complain about. While Frontierpay achieves an average score of 9.5 out of 10, CurrencyFair rates 9.6 out of 10.
To determine the right service provider to transfer funds overseas, individual requirements require due deliberation. I am dividing this Frontierpay vs. CurrencyFair comparison into sections so you can establish which company suits your needs best:
- Exchange Rates
- Ease of Use
- Regular Overseas Payments
Fund Transfer Fees
When compared to most banks, using Frontierpay or CurrencyFair can lead to savings in fees.
- Frontierpay does not charge any fees to transfer funds overseas.
- The average fee that CurrencyFair customers pay is approximately 0.4% of the transferred amount plus €3.
- If your transfer through CurrencyFair finds a match, you pay a flat €3 fee plus 0.25% to 0.3% of the transferred amount.
- If there is no match, CurrencyFair charges a flat €3 fee along with 0.4% to 0.6% of the transferred amount.
- Express deposits attract additional fees.
- Check this page for detailed information about the company’s fee structure.
Ease of Use
This CurrencyFair vs. Frontierpay comparison favors the former if you require website access in a European language. Applying for a new account with both companies is simple. You submit an online application and wait for the company to verify your details before you can start transferring funds.
- You can initiate transfers online and over the phone.
- All registered customers get access to dedicated personal dealers.
- You can get in touch with your personal dealer at any time to get live quotes.
- The company provides forward contracts.
- Access to Frontierpay website is only offered in English.
- CurrencyFair provides website access in English, French, and German.
- You may make express deposits in various European currencies by using Visa or Mastercard debit cards.
- The company accepts payments via BPAY from its Australian customers.
- All other international customers can pay via electronic bank transfers.
- The company provides apps for iOS and Android.
Regular Overseas Payments
If you want to transfer funds overseas on a regular basis, you can set up routine payments through Frontierpay or CurrencyFair.
- Use the CurrencyFair coupon to get free transfers.
- Get a more in depth feel for CurrencyFair features.
- When CurrencyFair and TransferWise go head to head.. who wins?
- Learn how to save even more with your first CurrencyFair transfer.
- Is CurrencyFair’s competition up to the task?