Choosing between Frontierpay and Currencies Direct generally depends on the size of the transfer. However, while both companies offer noticeably better deals than most banks, your selection requires paying attention to other aspects as well. Is one better than the other? The answer can vary depending upon individual requirements.
The Currencies Direct vs. Frontierpay comparison on Trustpilot puts one company slightly ahead of the other. While Currencies Direct averages at 9.1 out of 10, Frontierpay score is slightly better, at 9.6 out of 10. Note that this does not mean Frontierpay is better for everyone who wishes to transfer funds overseas.
Picking Currencies Direct or Frontierpay requires that you address different factors, which is why this comparison is divided into multiple sections:
- Exchange Rates
- Ease of Use
- Regular Overseas Payments
Worldwide Money Transfer Fees
Whether you choose Frontierpay or Currencies Direct should not depend on this aspect alone, given that the exchange rate affects the cost of the transfer as well. When compared to banks, using either of these companies can lead to savings in fees.
- International fund transfers made through Frontierpay do not attract any fees.
- Up to 90% of the fund transfers this company processes do not attract any fees.
- If you have to pay a fee, you will find out about it before finalizing your transfer.
- For more information, refer to the FAQs on the Currencies Direct website.
Ease of Use
Here you will find differences that can tilt the scale in favor of either company, depending on your needs. Registering with both companies is simple. You begin the process by submitting an online application, and the verification of your details will follow.
- Frontierpay lets customers transfer funds online and over the phone.
- Once you register with the Frontierpay, the company gives you round-the-clock access to a personal dealer.
- You get to choose from spot transfers and forward contracts.
- Your personal dealer can provide you with live rates, 24/7.
- You can access Frontierpay website only in English.
- The company does not provide apps for mobile devices as of now.
- Other than English, access to the Currencies Direct website is offered in Chinese, French, Italian, Norwegian, Portuguese, Spanish, and Swedish.
- The company accepts payments in different ways, including debit cards, electronic bank transfers, checks, and direct debits.
- Currencies Direct provides an app for iOS devices.
Regular Overseas Payments
You can turn to Frontierpay or Currencies Direct to set up routine transfers according to your requirements.
- Is CurrencyFair similar to TransferWise?
- Learn how to redeem the exclusive UKForex voucher
- Read more on UKForex’s features here.