FC Exchange or Western Union – will one of these companies work better than the other for your next overseas funds transfer? The answer depends on individual circumstances, and can vary from one case to another. What works in favor of both companies is they serve as better alternatives to most leading banks.
Upon taking the Western Union vs. FC Exchange comparison to Trustpilot, you will notice that one company has received a higher average score of overall customer satisfaction than the other. Western Union gets 8.0 out of 10, whereas FC Exchange averages at gets 9.7 out of 10. However, there is more to consider before arriving at a decision.
Choosing Western Union or FC Exchange involves paying attention to multiple factors. This comparison is broken down accordingly:
- Exchange Rates
- Ease of Use
- Regular Overseas Payments
Fund Transfer Fees
Pay due attention to this aspect of the FC Exchange vs. Western Union comparison to establish the actual cost of your transfer.
- Factors that can affect the fee you have to pay include the destination country and the payment method.
- The company informs you of the fee it charges when you initiate your transfer.
- FC Exchange cannot calculate the fees some intermediaries might charge in advance every time.
- Read the FC Exchange review to find out more about the fees you might have to pay.
- The fee you have to pay depends on factors such as payment method, transfer method, and destination country.
- Transferring funds to a bank account is more cost effective than sending money to a cash pick-up center.
- Paying using an electronic bank transfer usually attracts lower fees when compared to payments made using debit or credit cards.
- The Western Union price estimator gives you a fair indication of how much your transfer will cost.
Ease of Use
You can register as a new customer with both companies in minutes. Once the verification of your details is complete, you can start transferring funds. If you want website access in a foreign language, this FC Exchange vs. Western Union comparison favors the latter.
- Access to the global FC Exchange website is only offered in English.
- The global FX Exchange website provides services to individuals and businesses.
- FC Exchange lets you set up transfers online and over the phone.
- In some situations, it might accept instructions for transfers via email or fax.
- Access to the Western Union website comes in various foreign languages such as Spanish, French, Italian, Russian, and Japanese.
- Depending on the country of your residence, you can pay via an electronic bank transfer, a debit card, a credit card, or even cash.
- Western Union lets you initiate transfers online, in person, and over the phone.
- Transfer methods, depending on the destination country, include transferring funds to bank accounts and cash pick-up centers, as well as topping off mobile wallets.
- Western Union gives you the ability to transfer funds to inmates in the U.S.
Regular Overseas Payments
If you want to make regularly scheduled overseas payments, choosing between Western Union and FC Exchange is easy. While FC Exchange lets you set up regular transfers according to your needs, Western Union does not offer this functionality as of now.
- Which one is the best option, OFX or Western Union?
- Learn more about Western Union Competitors and Alternatives.
- Should one consider TransferWise or are there better alternatives?