A number of people who wish to transfer funds across borders wonder if they should use FC Exchange or HiFX. While both companies offer better deals when compared with most banks, picking between the two requires careful consideration. Both companies specialize in international repatriation of funds and both rate well across different parameters.
HiFX or FC Exchange – to find out which company rates better on the customer satisfaction front, consider taking this comparison to Trustpilot. While HiFX gets an average score of 9.5 out of 10, FC Exchange does slightly better, averaging at 9.7 out of 10. However, this small difference in scores does not necessarily justify using one company over the other.
To simplify the decision making process, this HiFX vs. FC Exchange comparison is broken down into multiple sections:
- Exchange Rates
- Ease of Use
- Regular Overseas Payments
Fund Transfer Fees
Whether you pick FC Exchange or HiFX, you can be certain of avoiding exorbitant fees that some banks charge. Each company follows different fee structures.
- The country the recipient resides in and the mode of payment have an effect on the fees you have to pay.
- FC Exchange informs of you the fees it charges before you confirm your transfer.
- FC Exchange cannot always calculate the exact fees intermediaries charge in advance.
- Read the FC Exchange review to find out how much your transfer might cost.
- Fees vary according to the HiFX website you use.
- HiFX does not charge any fees for transfers that exceed predetermined limits.
- If you use the U.S.-based website to transfer under USD $5,000, your transfer attracts a USD $5 fee.
The UK-based website charges £9 as fees if the transfer amount is below £3,000.
- All fees are removed on HiFX UK money transfers.
- With the Australia-based website, you have to pay AUD $10 in fees when transferring under AUD $10,000.
- When using the New Zealand-based website, the company charges a NZD $12 fee for transfers below NZD $10,000.
Ease of Use
Whether you register with HiFX or FC Exchange, the online application process should not take more than a few minutes. Verification of the details you submit follows quickly. Both companies do not currently provide apps for mobile devices.
- FC Exchange provides fund transfer services to individuals and businesses.
- Initiating your transfer over the phone is possible. In some cases, the company accepts orders via fax and email.
- Available payment methods can vary depending on the country of your residence.
- HiFX operates dedicated websites for residents of the U.S., the UK, Australia, and New Zealand.
- You can pay for your transfer via an electronic bank transfer, a debit card, or a credit card.
Access to global FC Exchange website and all HiFX websites is only available in English. If you want website access in a foreign language, consider using a different prominent fund transfer company such as Azimo, TransferWise, Currencies Direct, or CurrencyFair.
Regular Overseas Payments
This section of the FC Exchange vs. HiFX comparison does not favor one company over the other, because both let you set up routine transfers according to your requirements.
- Who is the winner between HiFX vs TransferWise?
- Learn about the latest HiFX promotions on offer.
- Get more information about HiFX, read HiFX Reviews.