FC Exchange or Currencies Direct – which of these companies provides a better overall fund transfer experience? There is no simple answer to this question, given the varied needs of people who transfer funds overseas. What works in favor of both companies is they serve as better alternatives when compared to most banks.
Both specialist fund transfer companies have served thousands of customers, many of whom have only good things to say about their experiences. On Trustpilot, the Currencies Direct vs. FC Exchange comparison shows that both companies get average scores of over 9 out of 10.
To find out if Currencies Direct or FC Exchange is better for you, paying attention to the details is crucial. This comparison is broken down into sections accordingly:
- Exchange Rates
- Ease of Use
- Regular Overseas Payments
Fund Transfer Fees
This section of the FC Exchange vs. Currencies Direct comparison favors the latter. However, remember that the exchange rate you get plays an equally important role in the money the recipient stands to receive.
- How you pay for your transfer and the destination country affect the fees you have to pay.
- You find out about the fee FC Exchange charges in advance.
- In some instances, FC Exchange might not be able to inform you of the exact fees intermediaries charge.
- Check the FC Exchange review for additional information.
- Around 90% of all transfers processed by Currencies Direct do not attract any fees.
- If the company charges a fee, it notifies you in advance.
- Check the FAQs section on the Currencies Direct website for further details.
Ease of Use
If you need website access in the foreign language, this FC Exchange vs. Currencies Direct comparison tilts the balance in favor of the latter. You can register with both companies in minutes, after which the company you sign up with verifies your details.
- Access to the global FC Exchange website is only offered in English.
- You can register with FC Exchange as an individual or a business.
- The company lets you make transfers online and over the phone.
- Based upon its discretion, it might accept orders via fax or email.
- Payment methods offered depend on your country of residence.
- In addition to English, you can access the Currencies Direct website in Spanish, Portuguese, French, Italian, Dutch, Swedish, Norwegian, and Chinese.
- The company provides services to individuals, businesses, and online sellers.
- Depending on the country you reside in, you can pay via electronic bank transfers, direct debits, debit cards, and checks.
- Currencies Direct provides an app for iOS devices.
Regular Overseas Payments
Setting up regular overseas payments is simple regardless of whether you pick FC Exchange or Currencies Direct.
- Get a more in depth feel for CurrencyFair features.
- Is CurrencyFair’s competition up to the task?
- Learn more from Currencies Direct Review.
- Which company has better service, Currencies Direct or Azimo?
FC Exchange Vs Currencies Direct Updates
- 4th April 2017: FC Exchange no longer offering Online Seller features and has been removed from this comparison.
- 18th July 2017: New FC Exchange Logo updated.