Does CurrencyFair Work in the USA?
Short Answer: Yes and No
CurrencyFair USA works for non-US residents. You can send and receive in US Dollars to the USA using CurrencyFair.com. However, as a US resident living in the USA, you cannot setup a CurrencyFair account. (Check out a CurrencyFair alternative for US customers below – OFX.com, TransferWise, WorldRemit and XE Money Transfer)
Are you looking for examples of how to use CurrencyFair US supplier or freelancer payments whose bank accounts are in the US, or the reverse if you are expecting payment from US-based customers? They can transfer to the CurrencyFair US bank account. Once you receive the payment, you may convert the funds and transfer them globally, and this would be more cost-effective than using local US banks.
When asked about US residents registering as CurrencyFair US customers, their Help & Support states the following:
“Unfortunately not, though we are continually adding more countries.”
- User Rating
- Transfer Type
- Regular Payments
- Mobile App
- Min Transfer Amount
- Two Transfers Fee Free
- 1 - 3 Days
- $250 / £100 / €250
TransferWise, founded by the original Skype employees, is leading the Fintech revolution globally. Its head office is in the UK and the company has offices in several other countries. You pay highly competitive fees with rates very close to market rates. TransferWise is a fine example of a CurrencyFair alternative for USA residents. Learn how to get the first £3,000 (~USD $4,200 equivalent) fee free on your first TransferWise transaction.
- Serves individuals, businesses, and online sellers
- Lets you sign up using your Google or Facebook account
- UK-based, offices also in Estonia, Hungary, Ukraine, the U.S., Singapore, and Hong Kong
- Operates multilingual region-specific websites
- Accepts credit card payments from some regions
- Get virtual bank accounts in AUD, GBP, EUR, USD, and NZD through the TransferWise Borderless Account
- Access funds in your Borderless Account using a prepaid Mastercard
- Its peer-to-peer (P2P) network does not support all currency pairs
- Absence of market orders and forward contracts
- Does not allow scheduling of transfers
- The currencies being traded, the payment method, and the transfer method may affect transfer fees
- No cash transfers
WorldRemit has its headquarters in the UK, along with offices in the U.S., Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and Japan. The company provides services for individuals and businesses. Access to the WorldRemit website comes in various languages. This company facilitates cash transfers through its extensive agent network.
- UK-based, offices also in the U.S., Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and Japan
- Register as an individual or a business
- Send money to bank accounts or physical locations
- Allows topping off of mobile wallets and mobile airtime from some regions
- Lets you pay using credit cards
- Low minimum transfer amount of £1
- Website access in different languages
- No scheduled transfers, market orders, and forward contracts
- Transfer fees affected by the currencies involved, the payment method, and the transfer method
- Find more CurrencyFair alternatives for money transfer customers in the USA, Europe, UK, MENA and Australasia…
- Read a comprehensive CurrencyFair review.
- Get your CurrencyFair Coupon for you first transaction free.
- Check out YouTube to register and activate your account in under 3 minutes!
- I am a small business. Can businesses use CurrencyFair?