Currencies Direct or World First. Both companies offer specialist fund transfer services, providing better exchange rates than most banks. How do they rate against each other? On Trustpilot, where thousands of users score different companies, World First achieves 9.1 out of 10 as does Currencies Direct. Does this mean they are equal?
Deciding between the two companies requires that you pay attention to multiple factors. The language you use to access the website is one aspect. Currencies Direct makes its website available in English, Chinese, French, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, Swedish, and Norwegian. World First provides dedicated websites for different markets, access to which is available in English, Chinese, Japanese, and French.
This World First vs. Currencies Direct comparison will shed light on the variations:
- Exchange Rates
- Ease of Use
- Regular Overseas Payments
Fees for International Funds Transfer Service
Both Currencies Direct and World First provide transparency with the fees they charge.
- Around 90% of the fund transfers this company processes do not attract any fees.
- If you have to pay a fee for any service, you will know in advance.
- No Fees for their business, personal or Online Seller service offerings.
- On November 2017, all fees were eliminated.
Ease of Use
Completing and submitting an online application with Currencies Direct or World First takes no more than a few minutes. Both companies take adequate measures to verify your identity before activating your account. You can access websites of both companies in multiple languages.
- Make payments to Currencies Direct via electronic bank transfers, debits cards, or checks.
- Make use of the Currencies Direct app for iOS devices to transfer funds from anywhere, anytime.
- This company lets you initiate the account opening process over the phone.
- It accepts payments via debit cards, online/phone banking transfers, direct debits, BACS, and CHAPS.
Regular Overseas Payments
Both companies let you set up regular transfers. World First allows you to fix rates in advance, or you can set up auto transfers at prevailing rates.
- When CurrencyFair and TransferWise go head to head.. who wins?
- Watch a TransferWise YouTube video on how to apply your exclusive discount.