Currencies Direct or Travelex – which of the two is a better fund transfer company? If you, like many others, are looking for an answer to this question, here is all the information you need. While both companies serve as better alternatives to the big banks, choosing one of the two requires paying attention to the nuances.
To find out what customers of these companies have to say, you can take the Travelex vs. Currencies Direct comparison to Trustpilot, an online platform where real customers rate prominent businesses. While Travelex UK gets an average score of 8.7 out of 10, the average Currencies Direct score stands at 9.1 out of 10. However, do not let this slight difference in score lead you into making an incorrect decision.
This Currencies Direct vs. Travelex comparison is divided into multiple sections to show you how these specialist fund transfer companies, while largely similar, differ in their operations:
- Exchange Rates
- Ease of Use
- Regular Overseas Payments
Fund Transfer Fees
In comparison to the big banks, using Currencies Direct or Travelex can lead to savings in fees.
- Around 90% of the international fund transfers processed by Currencies Direct do not attract any fees.
- If you have to pay a fee, you find out about it before finalizing your transfer.
- The FAQs section on the Currencies Direct website provides additional information.
- Your transfer through Travelex might not attract any fees, depending on the destination country and the transfer amount.
- If you have to pay a fee, the company informs you about it before you finalize your transfer.
Ease of Use
Whether you use the services of Travelex or Currencies Direct, you can look forward to a smooth and hassle-free fund transfer experience. Registering with both companies is simple – you start by completing an online application. After the verification of your credentials is complete, you can start using your new account.
- Other the English, you can access the Currencies Direct website in Chinese, French, Italian, Norwegian, Portuguese, Spanish, and Swedish.
- Payment methods can vary depending on your residence country. Your options include debit cards, electronic fund transfers, direct debits, and checks.
- If you have a device that runs on iOS, you can use the Currencies Direct app.
- Travelex has dedicated websites for residents of different countries such as Australia, Bahrain, China, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Japan, Malaysia, New Zealand, South Africa, Switzerland, the UK, and the U.S.
- Travelex provides access to some of its websites in local languages.
- Once you register with Travelex International Payments, you can contact a foreign exchange dealer at any time, on business days.
Regular Overseas Payments
Setting up recurring overseas payments is easy regardless of whether you choose Currencies Direct or Travelex.
- Which company offers a better deal – Currencies Direct or World First?
- When CurrencyFair and TransferWise go head to head.. who wins?
- Is CurrencyFair similar to TransferWise?
Currencies Direct Vs Travelex Updates
- Yay! No updates!