Widespread use of the Internet has opened up a number of alternatives to banks when it comes to transferring funds overseas. If you ask experts whether you should use the services of Currencies Direct or Ria, their often extensive answers rarely change. While both companies offer better deals than most leading banks, identifying which one works better for you requires paying attention to the details.
Turning to Trustpilot gives you an indication of what real customers have to say about these companies. The Ria vs. Currencies Direct comparison on this platform places one company ahead of the other. While Ria scores an average of 7.3 out of 10, Currencies Direct scores 9.1 out of 10. However, do not make a decision based on this factor alone.
This Currencies Direct vs. Ria comparison is divided into multiple sections so you can clearly see the similarities and differences in how these companies function:
- Exchange Rates
- Ease of Use
- Regular Overseas Payments
Fund Transfer Fees
In addition to getting better exchange rates than banks, using Currencies Direct or Ria can also result in your paying lower fees.
- Only about 10% of all fund transfers made through Currencies Direct attract fees. The rest are fee-free.
- In case your transfer attracts a fee, you will know about it in advance.
- Check the FAQs section of the Currencies Direct website for more details.
- Fees can vary based on factors such as mode of payment and destination country.
- The most cost-effective way to pay for your transfer is via an electronic bank transfer.
- Paying via a debit card attracts slightly higher fees, and you pay the highest fees if you make your payment using a credit card.
- Check the cost of your transfer ahead of time by using the Ria price calculator.
Ease of Use
Whether you sign up with Ria or Currencies Direct, you can complete the online registration process in minutes. To begin transferring funds, you have to wait for the company you sign up with to verify your details. One company rates better than the other when it comes to website access in foreign languages.
- Access to the Currencies Direct website is offered in English, Spanish, Italian, French, Portuguese, Norwegian, Swedish, and Chinese.
- Acceptable modes of payment, depending on where you live, can include electronic bank transfers, debit cards, checks, and direct debits.
- You can use Currencies Direct apps with devices that run on Android or iOS.
- Ria provides website access in English and Spanish.
- The company lets you transfer funds online and in person.
- Transfer methods include transferring funds to bank accounts and cash pick-up centers. Ria does not offer both methods in all destination countries.
- In some countries, Ria provides home delivery of transferred funds.
- The company has maximum limits in place for daily and monthly transfers. These stand at $2999.99 and $7,999.00, respectively.
Regular Overseas Payments
If you want to set up regularly-scheduled transfers, picking Currencies Direct or Ria is simple. While Currencies Direct lets you do this easily, Ria does not offer this feature yet.
- Currencies Direct Vs CurrencyFair – Check out this comparison.
- When CurrencyFair and TransferWise go head to head.. who wins?
- Learn more from Currencies Direct Review.
- Is CurrencyFair’s competition up to the task?
- Get a more in depth feel for CurrencyFair features.
Currencies Direct Vs Ria Updates
- 13th January 2020: Android and iOS app links for Currencies Direct updated.