- User Rating
- Transfer Type
- Regular Payments
- Mobile App
- Min Transfer Amount
If the task of selecting Currencies Direct or HiFX seems daunting, there is no reason to worry. Once you identify your individual requirements and learn how to distinguish between these companies, the process becomes easy. Regardless of which company you choose, you will get a better deal when compared to most banks.
Looking at what customers of these companies have to say about the services they provide is a good starting point. By taking the HiFX vs. Currencies Direct comparison to Trustpilot, you will find that customers of both companies have posted largely positive reviews. While Currencies Direct averages at 9.1 out of 10, HiFX gets 9.5 out of 10.
Selecting HiFX or Currencies Direct for your next overseas funds transfer requires that you pay attention to all the factors listed below:
- Exchange Rates
- Ease of Use
- Regular Overseas Payments
Fund Transfer Fees
In this section of the Currencies Direct vs. HiFX comparison, the scale tilts in favor of one company. However, the exchange rate you get also affects the monetary aspect of the transfer.
- Up to 90% of transfers processed by Currencies Direct do not attract any fees.
- If Currencies Direct charges a transfer fee, it informs you in advance.
- Check Currencies Direct’s FAQs for more details.
- The fee your transfer attracts depends on the HiFX website you use. Different fee-free thresholds apply accordingly.
- The HiFX website for the North American market has a fee-free threshold of up to USD $5,000. Transfers below this amount attract USD $5 as fees.
- If you use the UK-based website to transfer less than £3,000, a £9 fee applies.
- The HiFX website for Australia charges AUD $10 as fees for transfers below AUD $10,000.
- With the New Zealand-based website, transfers below NZD $10,000 attract NZD $12 as fees.
Ease of Use
This HiFX vs. Currencies Direct comparison favors the latter when it comes to providing website access in different languages. Registering online with both companies takes no more than a few minutes. The company you sign up with might want to verify your details before activating your account.
- Currencies Direct lets you sign-up as an individual, a business, or an online seller.
- You can access the company’s website in English, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, Dutch, Swedish, Norwegian, and Chinese.
- Available payment methods, depending on the transfer’s country of origin, can include electronic bank transfers, debit cards, credit cards, and checks.
- Currencies Direct provides an app for devices that run on iOS.
Regular Overseas Payments
Irrespective of whether you select Currencies Direct or HiFX, scheduling transfers according to your needs is simple.
- Get a more in depth feel for CurrencyFair features.
- Is CurrencyFair’s competition up to the task?
- Learn more about the offers from HiFX.
- Read more about this service in my HiFX Review
- Read a detailed HiFX review for USA, UK, Australia and New Zealand
- Transferwise or HiFX… Which one would you choose?
Currencies Direct Vs HiFX Updates
- Yay! No updates!