There is no dearth of people who use the services of either Currencies Direct or Global Reach to send money overseas. After all, both companies provide reliable and cost-effective services. However, determining which of the two might suit your requirements best requires that you compare their services across different parameters.
Incidentally, Global Reach acquired FC Exchange, a UK-based overseas money transfer company, in 2016.
Taking the Global Reach vs. Currencies Direct comparison to Trustpilot gives you an indication of what customers of both companies have to say about their services. On this review-based platform, Global Reach averages at 8 out of 10. Currencies Direct gets an average score of 9.6 out of 10.
Other aspects that you need to pay attention to when selecting Global Reach or Currencies Direct include:
- Exchange Rates
- Ease of Use
- Regular Overseas Payments
One company does better than the other in this section of the Currencies Direct vs. Global Reach comparison.
- Around 90% Currencies Direct personal transfers are fee-free.
- If the company applies a fee on your transfer, you find out about it ahead of time.
- A standard telegraphic transfer fee may apply, which does not exceed £20.
- You get to know how much you need to pay as fees in advance.
Ease of Use
Whether you should use Global Reach or Currencies Direct might depend on how you wish to pay for your transfer, whether you need hedging tools, and other aspects.
- You get to choose from limit orders and forward contracts.
- All customers get over-the-phone access to currency dealers.
- Global reach does not operate a multilingual website.
- You need to pay via bank account transfers.
Regular Overseas Payments
This section of the Global Reach vs. Currencies Direct comparison tilts the scale in favor of the latter. While Currencies Direct lets you set up scheduled payments easily, Global Reach does not offer this feature yet.
- Is CurrencyFair’s competition up to the task?
- Learn more from Currencies Direct Review.
- Which company has better service, Currencies Direct or Ria?