OFX or WorldFirst – which of these companies will work better for you? The answer to this depends on your individual requirements. Just remember that you will get a better deal through both companies when compared to most leading banks. Customers of both companies rate them highly.
On Trustpilot, a website where users review prominent online businesses, the WorldFirst vs. OFX comparison shows how closely these companies matchup. OFX earns 9.0 out of 10, and WorldFirst averages at 8.5 out of 10.
When choosing between these specialist money transfer companies, various factors require your attention. This comparison is broken down accordingly:
- Exchange Rates
- Ease of Use
- Regular Overseas Payments
Fees for Transferring Money Overseas
Using WorldFirst or OFX generally leads to savings in fees when compared to banks. However, one does better than the other when it comes to fees for personal transfers.
- For transfers under USD $5,000, the company charges a USD $5 fee.
- OFX UK (formerly known as UKForex) has removed all fees for Sterling transfers!
- If you transfer under €5,000, you have to pay a €10 fee.
- For transfers under AUD $10,000, the company charges AUD $15.
- Transferring less than ¥1,000,000 attracts a ¥1,500 fee.
- Check this page to find out how much OFX charges if you pay in other currencies.
- WorldFirst does not charge any fees for personal transfers.
- If you use the Singapore-based WorldFirst website, you must transfer a minimum of SG $2,000.
- The minimum you may transfer through the Hong Kong-based website is HK $10,000.
- Check the latest WorldFirst fee structures by visiting WorldFirst UK, WorldFirst France, WorldFirst Australia, WorldFirst China, WorldFirst Japan, WorldFirst Singapore, or WorldFirst Hong Kong.
Ease of Use
Submitting an online application with both companies should take no more than a few minutes. Both companies follow due diligence in verifying the details you provide before activating your account. If you want website access in a foreign language, this OFX vs. WorldFirst comparison tilts in favor of the latter.
- Access to the OFX website comes only in English.
- It accepts payments via electronic bank transfers.
- If you live in Australia, you can pay via BPAY.
- You can use OFX apps with devices that run on iOS and Android.
- Depending on which WorldFirst website you use, you may get access in English, French, Chinese, or Japanese.
- This company lets you begin the account opening process over the phone.
- Acceptable modes of payments include electronic bank transfers, credit cards, debit cards, BACS, and CHAPS.
- The company offers apps for iOS and Android devices.
Regular Overseas Payments
Both companies let you set-up scheduled transfers. With WorldFirst, you have the option of fixing rates in advance.
- Read the full review of WorldFirst.
- Who is similar to OFX.com?
- Get your first 2 transfer FREE with OFX.com.
- Want to know more about OFX.com features?