FC Exchange or TransferWise – is there any reason for you to choose one company over the other? There is no straightforward answer to this question, and the company that works best for you depends on different factors. One good thing is both companies are better alternatives to most banks.
This TransferWise vs. FC Exchange comparison begins by looking at what these companies’ customers have to say about the services they receive. On Trustpilot, a very small margin exists between the scores of these companies, with TransferWise averaging at 9.6 out of 10 and FC Exchange achieving 9.7 out of 10.
This comparison is divided into different categories so you can choose TransferWise or FC Exchange according to your individual requirements:
- Exchange Rates
- Ease of Use
- Regular Overseas Payments
Fund Transfer Fees
While being wary of hidden fees is the norm when using banks to transfer funds overseas, there is no such concern when you turn to TransferWise or FC Exchange. All fees are transparent at all times.
- The destination country and the payment method can have an effect on the fees FC Exchange charges.
- You find out about the fees you have to pay ahead of time.
- With some transfers, FC Exchange is unable to inform customers about the exact fees intermediaries might charge ahead of time.
- Check the FC Exchange review to find out how much the company might charge as fees.
Ease of Use
If website access in a foreign language is important for you, this TransferWise vs. FC Exchange comparison tilts the scale in favor of the former. Registering online with both companies takes no more than a few minutes. To begin transferring funds, you have to wait for the company you choose to complete verifying your details.
- Access to the UK-based FC Exchange website is available only in English.
- You can register with the UK-based website as an individual or a business.
- The company lets you initiate transfers over the phone.
- Depending on your situation, the company, at its discretion, might accept your order via fax or email.
- The country you reside in has a bearing on the available payment methods.
- Access to the TransferWise website is available in English, German, Spanish, French, Italian, Hungarian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian and Japanese.
- You can hasten the registration process by using your Facebook of Google account.
- You can pay for your transfer via electronic bank transfers, debit cards, and credit cards.
- The company provides apps for Android and iOS.
Regular Overseas Payments
This section of the FC Exchange vs. TransferWise comparison favors one company over the other.
- FC Exchange lets you set up regularly scheduled transfers according to your needs.
- TransferWise does not offer this feature yet.
- Find TransferWise Alternatives.
- Learn how to apply the TransferWise Coupon.
- Easily compare CurrencyFair and TransferWise. Two titans in the market.
- Read about TransferWise features and their pro’s and con’s.