When you ask a specialist if you should use FC Exchange or FrontierPay (previously known as The FX Firm) for your next international funds transfer, there is a good chance that a seemingly lengthy dialogue will ensue. When asked how these companies compare to banks, most experts opine that both offer noticeably better deals. However, when it comes to choosing between the two, the answer is not as simple as it may seem because of the different factors at play.
Reviews from previous customers about the services they have received can give you some indication about which company to choose. However, selecting FrontierPay or FC Exchange requires that you consider other aspects as well. On Trustpilot, FrontierPay averages at 9.8 out of 10, whereas FC Exchange achieves 9.7 out of 10.
To simplify the decision-making process, FrontierPay vs. FC Exchange comparison is divided into multiple sections:
- Exchange Rates
- Ease of Use
- Regular Overseas Payments
Fund Transfer Fees
One company clearly scores higher than the other in this section of the FC Exchange vs. FrontierPay comparison. However, overall cost also involves the exchange rate.
- How you pay for your transfer and the destination country have a bearing on the fee FC Exchange charges.
- You find out about the fee FC Exchange charges before finalizing your transfer.
- In some instances, FC Exchange cannot override fees that intermediaries might charge. It cannot always calculate these fees in advance.
- Check the FC Exchange review to get a better idea of how much your transfer might cost.
You do not have to pay any fees to transfer funds using FrontierPay.
Ease of Use
This section of FrontierPay vs. FC Exchange comparison rates both companies highly. Both companies have simple online application systems in place. Both verify your credentials before activating your account.
- You can use the services of FC Exchange as an individual or a business.
- If you cannot transfer funds online for any reason, you can do so over the phone.
- The company might accept orders via email or fax based on its discretion.
- FrontierPay provides services to individuals and businesses.
- Once you register as a customer, you receive access to a dedicated personal dealer.
- You can contact your personal dealer at any time for live up-to-date quotes.
You can access FrontierPay and the global FC Exchange websites only in English. If you need website access in a foreign language, consider using Azimo, Currencies Direct, CurrencyFair, or TransferWise instead.
Regular Overseas Payments
If you want to transfer funds on a regular basis, picking either FC Exchange or FrontierPay will work equally well. Both companies let you set up scheduled transfers according to your needs.