FC Exchange or Azimo – which of these companies should you use for your next overseas funds transfer? There is no straightforward answer to this question because requirements surrounding international repatriation of funds can vary considerably. When compared to most banks, both companies provide better value for money, and supply higher levels of customer service.
By taking the Azimo vs. FC Exchange comparison to Trustpilot, you will find that both companies have received largely favorable reviews. While the average score of Azimo is 9.0 out of 10, FC Exchange scores better, getting 9.7 out of 10. However, choosing between the two requires paying attention to other aspects as well.
Examine the similarities and differences highlighted in this comparison, and pick Azimo or FC Exchange using these criteria:
- Exchange Rates
- Ease of Use
- Regular Overseas Payments
Fund Transfer Fees
Both companies follow slightly different fee structures, so this aspect of the FC Exchange vs. Azimo comparison requires careful consideration.
- The destination country and the payment method have a bearing on the fees FC Exchange charges.
- You find out about the fees FC Exchange charges ahead of time. However, this is not always possible with fees that some intermediaries might charge.
- You can find more details about the fee structure FC Exchange follows in the iCompareFX FC Exchange review.
- The fee that your transfer attracts depends on the destination country and the transfer method.
- With the destination country remaining the same, a SWIFT transfer would typically cost more than an electronic bank transfer.
- You find out about the fee Azimo charges before confirming your transfer.
- The Azimo review provides more information about this aspect.
Ease of Use
This section of the Azimo vs. FC Exchange comparison favors one company over the other when it comes to website access in foreign languages. Registering with both companies is easy and takes little time. Both companies verify your credentials before activating your account.
- FC Exchange provides access to its global website only in English.
- You can use the services of the global FC Exchange website as an individual or a business.
- Once you register with the global FC Exchange website, you can initiate your transfers online and over the phone.
- In some scenarios, the company accepts transfer requests via email and fax.
- Payment methods offered depend on the country in which you reside.
- You can simplify the signup process by using your Facebook account.
- Access to the Azimo website is available in English, Spanish, Portuguese, French, Italian, Russian, Dutch, Polish, Romanian, and Turkish.
- The destination country has a bearing on available transfer methods.
- Azimo lets you transfer funds to bank accounts and cash pick-up locations, it processes transfers using SWIFT, and it also facilitates topping off mobile phones.
- Acceptable payment methods, depending on where you live, include electronic bank transfers, debit cards, credit cards, Sofort Überweisung, iDEAL, and Trustly.
- The company provides apps for mobile devices that run on Android and iOS.
Regular Overseas Payments
This section of the FC Exchange vs. Azimo comparison tilts the balance in favor of one company. While Azimo does not offer this service yet, you can set up scheduled transfers using FC Exchange easily.
- Who wins the comparison between Azimo and Paypal?
- Get more useful insights by reading Azimo Competitors and Alternatives.
- Compare TransferWise and OFX side by side.
- Does TransferWise live up to their hype?