WorldRemit or PayPal – if you are not sure which of these prominent fund transfer companies to use, this comparison will clear the waters. While turning to either of these companies is a much better idea than using the services of most banks, there are good reasons to identify your individual needs before making a decision.
By taking the PayPal vs. WorldRemit comparison to Trustpilot, an online platform that lets users review online businesses, you will find that one company rates considerably better than the other. While WorldRemit averages at 9.5 out of 10, PayPal’s Trustpilot score is significantly sub-par.
Still, various factors can have an effect on which company will work better for you.elect PayPal or WorldRemit only after reviewing all the sections of this comparison:
- Exchange Rates
- Ease of Use
- Regular Overseas Payments
International Money Transfer Fees
Pay particular attention to this aspect of the WorldRemit vs. PayPal comparison. Each company follows different fee structures.
- WorldRemit transfer fees mainly depend on the transfer method and the destination country.
- Transferring funds to a bank account usually attracts lower fees compared to sending money to a cash pick-up location.
- Check the WorldRemit review for additional information.
- PayPal fees depend on the country of your residence and the payment method you choose.
- If you fund your PayPal account in the U.S. using your bank account, you have to pay 0% to 2% of the transfer amount. This increases to 2.9% to 5.99% if you pay via a debit or credit card.
- Transfers through PayPal can be subject to added currency conversion fees.
Ease of Use
This section of the PayPal vs. WorldRemit comparison rates both companies well. While WorldRemit provides multiple transfer methods, PayPal offers website access in more languages.
- Other than English, you can access the WorldRemit website in French and Spanish.
- WorldRemit lets you make payments using debit cards, credit cards, and bank account transfers.
- Other location-specific payment methods include Interac, SOFORT, iDeal, and POLi.
- WorldRemit supports bank account transfers to most countries.
- WorldRemit lets you transfer funds to cash pick-up centers in different countries.
- It offers home delivery of cash in the Philippines.
- You can use WorldRemit to top off mobile phone numbers and mobile wallets in some countries.
- The company provides apps for devices that run on iOS or Android.
- Access to the PayPal website comes in various languages other than English, some of which include Arabic, Chinese, French, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, and Spanish.
- PayPal lets you pay for your transfer using your PayPal balance, a linked bank account, a debit card, or a credit card.
- PayPal lets you transfer funds only to other PayPal accounts. The recipient then has to withdraw transferred funds into a bank account.
- While a transfer from one PayPal account to another takes place almost instantly, the recipient may have to wait for days to withdraw transferred funds into a local bank account.
- PayPal users can use their account balances to shop online.
- You can use PayPal apps with iOS and Android devices.
Regular Overseas Payments
Both companies fall short in this section of the WorldRemit vs. PayPal comparison, given that neither offers this functionality yet. If you want to schedule transfers, consider using TorFX, OFX, HiFX, or Currencies Direct instead.
- Watch a TransferWise YouTube video on how to apply your exclusive discount.
- Who is OFX.com and would you transfer money with them?
- Who is similar to OFX.com?
- Read updated OFX Coupon post.