Azimo or HiFX – should you favor using one company over the other? Unfortunately, providing an answer without knowing your individual circumstances is not possible. However, you can be guided in the right direction. When compared to the big banks, both these specialist fund transfer companies provide better deals.
By taking the HiFX vs. Azimo comparison to Trustpilot you will notice that most users of both companies have positive things to say about their experiences. Score wise, Azimo averages a healthy 9.0 out of 10. HiFX rates slightly better, at 9.5 out of 10. However, this difference in score does not necessarily indicate HiFX is preferable.
To simplify the decision making process for you, the Azimo vs. HiFX comparison is divided into the categories listed below:
- Exchange Rates
- Ease of Use
- Regular Overseas Payments
Overseas Money Transfer Fees
If you compare the fees you have to pay Azimo or HiFX with what your local bank charges, you will understand why these fund transfer companies find so many takers.
- Use the calculator on the Azimo homepage to find out how much your transfer will cost.
- The destination country and the transfer method have an effect on the fees you pay. For instance, SWIFT transfers cost more than electronic bank transfers.
- Azimo informs you of the fees you have to pay before you finalize a transfer.
- Get more information in the Azimo review.
- The fees you have to pay depend on the HiFX website you use.
- If you transfer more than a predetermined limit, you do not have to pay any fees.
- This U.S.-based website charges a USD $5 fee for transfers below USD $5,000.
With the UK-based website, transfers of less than £3,000 attract a £9 fee.
- HiFX UK have removed all fees! Enjoy fee free transfers and even better savings with HiFX UK.
- If you use the Australian website to transfer under AUD $10,000, HiFX charges AUD $10 as fees.
- With the website meant for the New Zealand market, transfers under NZD $10,000 attract NZD $12 as fees.
Ease of Use
This section of the HiFX vs. Azimo comparison favors the latter if you need website access in a foreign language. Registering with both companies requires that you follow a simple online process. Both companies verify your details prior to account activation.
- Serves individuals and businesses
- Access to the Azimo website is available in English, Spanish, French, Italian, Russian, Portuguese, Romanian, Dutch, Polish, and Turkish.
- Using your Facebook account to register quickens the process.
- As an international customer, you can pay via debit cards, credit cards, and electronic bank transfers.
- If you reside in Germany or Austria, you can pay using Sofort Überweisung.
- Residents of the Netherlands can make payments via iDEAL.
- Residents of Spain and Italy can pay via Trustly.
- You can use the services of Azimo to transfer funds to cash pick-up centers and to top-up mobile phone number accounts.
- Azimo apps for devices that run on iOS and Android simplify transferring funds on the go.
- You can use HiFX websites meant for the UK, American, Australian, and New Zealand markets.
- The company accepts payments via debit cards, credit cards, and electronic bank transfers.
- HiFX does not provide apps for mobile devices yet. All of its websites automatically scale down to the screen size of mobile devices.
Regular Overseas Payments
Azimo does not let its customers set up regular transfers yet. HiFX lets you do so easily.